January 12, 2016

Review: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West


The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

Find them at:
Goodreads | The Book Depository

Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.


MY OPINION

Wow. Wow.

THAT IS JUST ONE BIG BALL OF HAPPY FEELS HAHAHA.


I'm glad that I started this year to this book, because goodness that is just so fantastic.



I have to say that I wasn't really that into the book. Partly because I never particularly felt so close to a lot of fluffy books. I like them but they don't ring in my brain a lot unlike the other books that I've read. But this one.

First. This book is not what I thought it was. I thought I had it all figured out. The summary was almost kinda telling so I had an idea what would happen. But I'm glad that it took me by surprise. This book is much more than I thought it would be and I am so happy to have the chance to read it. Its definitely not the typical chick lit books you'd find around the bookstore. But other than the plot, what made this book much more loveable is the characters, especially the heroine, Caymen.

She is so so so so so adorable.


She is not the kind of character that everyone will love. But I love how her humor is. Not a lot of people like or even understand dry humor, but I'm glad to see that in her. She's just so full of life and she's cute without even trying to be. She's unique in a sense that, she may not be wearing lots of eyeliner, has different hair, or quirky clothes. But her personality makes her shine. I think if I ever meet a Caymen in real life, i would want to be her friend. (if she wants to at least, haha)

Then there's Xander. The intriguing one, that boy. He isn't boring but he's also not that arrogant. He's confident without saying a word. He's probably the one guy that I can't get a final read on. He's a very complex guy because he doesn't fall into the stereotypes usually found in the guys in books, but at the same time he's also very simple because of how straightforward he is. His connection with Caymen is just so natural. There were never any moments that I didn't like them for each other. It sounds bias, I know, but you're gonna swoon over them a lot because their banters are just so adorable. <3

Sherlock agrees :)

Basically what makes the book special I guess is the Xander and Caymen themselves. I wouldn't like that much if it weren't for Caymen's amazing dry humor. I wanted to read more and more from the book because I crave to see Caymen with Xander because when she's with him, her character glows and you can't help but feel so giddy and fangirl over how cute they are with each other.


So yeah, I finally finished reading the book and to the people who recommended this to me. I two things to say to you.



You guys are super amazing for recommending and sharing this book. :D

How about you? Did you like this book too? :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH, OMG, LET ME JUST SQUEE WITH YOU. XD I adored Caymen. I adored how sarcastic she was, because, omg I never read that in books. And she was so so DRYLY sarcastic (the best kind. <3) and also her and Xander were too cute for words. Actually, pfft, scrap that. I HAVE PLENTY OF WORDS. AFjdsklafd their banter was amazing. And I also kind of judged what the book would be about and thought I had it aaaall figured out. HAHAH NOPE. It surprised me so much and is definitely one of my favourite contemporaries now!!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I think you posted the wrong summary Jules :p Had to check Goodreads because the one you posted was a bit off from the cover haha :)
    I bought this book last year and I think I should read it soon! You made it sound like it so good I should open this asap and I think I will. I love it when the book offers something more that the summary never mentioned.

    Ella @ In Constant Reverie

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!