August 3, 2015

DNF Reviews (1st Edition ft, The History of Glitter and Blood, Riot, & The Concequence of Loving Colton)

DNF REVIEWS (FIRST EDITION)


Lemme tell you I just DNF’ed a lot of books. And this is a surprise because I don’t ever DNF as much as possible. But this one is just too much for me.


The Consequences of Loving Colton by Rachel Van Dyken


When I saw that this was available to request at Netgalley, I immediately got excited because I loved this certain book from Van Dyken. So I wasn’t hesistant to try this. But then the characters gaaah. It made me want to bang my head at the nearest cement wall and at the same time hurl the book as far away from me as possible. THESE CHARACTERS ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. The girl, is just to indecisive and feels too much like a marie-sue character. Then the guy who is also indecisive. And just ends up making a fool of himself and does nothing but do stupid decision which was really obvious by the way. Its just overall annoying and hard to read.

Flex by Ferrett Steinmetz


I remembered that the main reason why I wanted to read this book is because I loved what I read from the summary. Very sci-fi and it looks different compared to most of the sci-fi books that I’ve read. But it all just felt too much for me. There was a part in the beginning that felt too much like an info-dump which almost made me want to stop reading it entirely. I’m stopped by half of the book, and as much as I want to try to finish this book, I don’t think I can.

 

The History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz


I’ve read a book from Hannah before. But I have no interest in completing this book at all. I tried to continue it since I do have a big interest about faes and faeries and everything fantasy. But this one, I don’t really have a big interest in. It’s a a bit early for me to stop at 10% or so. But this book just doesn’t do it for me at all. As sad as that is.

8 comments:

  1. Same thoughts about The Consequence of Loving Colton. I love Rachel Van Dyken but that book isn't just for me. I swear.. HEADACHE. It messed up and most parts are so annoying. The characters are just.. grr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i KNOW! I LOVED ELITE FROM HER. BUT THIS?! GAAAH :(

      Delete
  2. It sucks when the books that you start reading just give you a headache. I actually liked Van Dyken books, some of them, anyway. I don't think I would want to read about a whiny indecisive girl. Ugh.

    ~ Dre @ Sporadic Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? So annoying and boring to read this kind of girl over and over again. :/

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, Jules, SAME. I didn't like A History of Glitter and Blood because the story simply didn't work with me. It was so boring, and i was ready to DNF it as early as 5% :P A little too early, but I actually continued the story and FINISHED IT. Achievement! HAHA. Great mini DNF reviews, even if I'm a little sad to see that you didn't enjoy them. Hope your next book is BETTER <3

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hardly ever DNF books, either. So I'm super sad you didn't like these, Jules! Especially A History of Glitter and Blood. I really liked it, but it seems to be one of those books that you either love, or don't love AT ALL. I think that people expecting a super fantasy book might be disappointed, but I liked how urban it was!

    And info dumps are the worst, so it sucks that you were excited about Flex but felt let down.

    Hopefully your next books are ones you love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sad that you couldn't get into A History of Glitter and Blood! I was really looking forward to read the book, as I really liked the sound of the concept, but I am now having second thoughts because I've been seeing a lot of negative reviews around for the book.
    Hope your next read is a lot better, Jules!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm soooo sad you didn't like Blood and Glitter. *cries* I haven't read it yet but I REALLY WANTED TO BASED ON TITLE ALONE. I mean blood and glitter?! I should've known it was too good to be true. -_- I hate DNF'ing but better to do that then waste time on a sucky book right?!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!