April 11, 2015

JULES BOOKSHELF 3.0

Hi guys! Yes, you are looking at this right. This is in fact, Jules Bookshelf!


To plain white, to very colorful :)




I actually personalized my blog back then (I think 2014? or 2013?), my first design was very dark, like black and red (I had a big fascination with black and red then) and the next year, I wanted it to be more simple and clean, and this was the result. It was really just a few alterations on the previous design, but this year, I wanted to add a pop of color to my blog, and at the same time, show out my style in art.

Thing is, I didn't want it to be too simple, and very template ish? So I took the courage to revamp almost everything in the blog. From the colors, the CSS, the new graphics, and of course the fonts.

                         


You see, after starting college, I started developing this style when it comes to painting. And I wanted to apply that kind of style on my own blog.

I wasn't able to apply everything that I wanted because it would look weird if I did everything I wanted but overall, I am very happy about the outcome of the blog. :D

I hope I get the chance to design other blogs as well.

Hope you guys have a good day :D

17 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks so artistic and I love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! It was a lot of work, but it was all worth it :)

      Delete
  2. KABABAYAN! :) I see you're from the Philippines too, awesome!

    I like how you design your blog. It's so pretty! i always love watercolor/paint-themed blogs, and I definitely love yours. You're so good with coding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi thanks! I guess all those lessons in CSS was worth it in highschool, yes? :D

      Delete
  3. Love the splashes of color! <3


    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! :D It is completely different from the first one haha

      Delete
    2. Jules this is the fist time I visit your blog but i'm in awe. I love the colours.
      Lily @ Lilysbookblog

      Delete
  4. www.paperboulevard.com
    I love the color hues of your blog, Jules! And your artwork, oh my, you are using Praang too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss! haha, I actually want Winsor & Newton but I can only get that online haha.

      Delete
    2. it's sad that we are lacking great artwork tools here in our country. :/

      Delete
  5. Eeep this is gorgeous, Jules! I'll admit, I still love the title font from your last design more, but I love the colors in this one and I adore how it's totally YOU. :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I do admit that the last font of the header was cuter and much more easier to use, but it didn't go well with the watercolor design huhu. But thank you :)

      Delete
  6. JULES! It looks fantastic! I love the color scheme and the new header! Thanks for sharing this! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe! It was kinda hard building a new design but I think it was worth it :D

      Delete
  7. OMG I feel so happy and everything just by looking at your blog. Love this new theme you did, Jules!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thanks Dyanne! Maybe one day I can design other blogs? hahahah

      Delete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!