March 24, 2015

#CONFESSRELEASEPH | FILIPINO COHORTS UNITE

A HAPPY DAY FOR US COHORTS




Today was a very happy day for bookworms who love Colleen Hoover. It has been a long while since I was able to attend an event that is specifically for bookworms like me (the last was the Tahereh-Ransom-Rossi signing event, april last year. So, as you see it has almost been a year since I went to an event dedicated on bookworm activities if I may say so freely.




But when I found out that the lovely team over at Colleen Hoover PH were planning an event dedicated on the release of Confess. I just have to go.
Now let me tell you that it was a bit hard for me, because unlike before, I didn’t know anyone at the event.

I had to go commute alone since my friends wouldn’t be able to come, due to finals and other uni requirements that they were required to attend to. It was… nervewracking? Hahaha, you could easily say that I am sheltered, and as embarrassing as it is, I’ve always been a wuss when it comes to traveling alone because I don’t like getting lost haha. But I decided that I need to go on my own, not just because I needed to learn, but because I REALLY REALLY WANTED A COPY OF CONFESS AS IN OH GOD. So yeah, that’s the primary reason why I went haha (I’ve been off topic, I’ll get back to the basics)



So the first thing that I noticed in the event would be these very pretty assortments of COHO’s books. I about drooled. Haha


Then the the registration, where they are giving away really cute and adorable bookmarks :D


But to make this short and quick, the event was simple and a bit more intimate because there were only few people who were able to attend the event. But overall it was fun and very exciting. Everybody was laughing and giving out their “Awww” moments over the books that we have all ready from Colleen Hoover. The most famous books from CoHo that was always mentioned in the event, was usually Maybe Someday. (Tho all of the books were mentioned :D What can I say, Filipino CoHorts love our CoHo books)

       


(yes, Colleen Hoover had made a video greeting us Filipino CoHorts!)

We had our suck and sweet time, slam poetry, fave male leads, female leads, secondary characters, and all other things CoHo related. Whisper challenge, and more fun activities. :D


Overall it was a blast, and you know what? COLLEEN EVEN HAD 5 SIGNED BOOKS UP FOR GRABS FOR THE EVENT! If you are one of the filipino cohorts who weren't able to come! Don't worry cuz Colleen Hoover PH has a special giveaway for TEAMBAHAY! All of you guys (who didn't go) will get the chance to win a signed book from Colleen Hoover herself!! (Get updates at the Colleen Hoover Philippines group on facebook :D )

And of course, TUM. TUM. TUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM.

I FINALLY GOT MY COPY OF CONFESS <3

Bookmark was from Colleen Hoover PH
Thank you again Colleen Hoover PH for the work done in making this event possible! Know that we filipino cohorts appreciate the hard work put into it. Thank you :D



TILL NEXT TIME! :D
(Thank also to the team and the group for letting me borrow some photos of the event!)



Where you there at the event (ohmyghad, sorry we didn't get to talk, huhu) how was your experience? Are you a CoHort? How did it start? :D

15 comments:

  1. AWww I love all of the photos Jules! It sounds like you guys have some great events in the PH for book lovers, it sounded like a lot of fun! Can't wait to hear what you think of Confess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know hahaha, it was a day full of laughs :D I'm actually scared to start it because I'm afraid of what my reaction will be. :<

      Delete
  2. Oh man. I missed it! I was just there today, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH GOD. (sayaaang) We could've met sana huhuhu :> I'm sure there will be more events in the future. HOPEFULLY WE GET TO MEET, YES? :D

      Delete
  3. I am not a CoHort, and I don't really plan to start. I don't like the author's behavior that I've seen, but I'm glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its okay haha. But yes, I did have much fun, I hope more events come to PH like this, where we revel on the awesomeness of our fave author :D

      Delete
  4. Aww, you're not alone Jules. I also traveled alone; I was so afraid of getting lost I tried really hard not to fall asleep on the bus (I only had 2 hours of sleep because I actually rushed the powerpoint presentation we used at the event lol), afraid I'll miss my stop haha! Thank God, we didn't!
    So glad the event was successful and you guys had fun! It was my first time to attend and organize such event, I was really nervous since I'm awkward when meeting new people. :)
    Thank you so much for attending and blogging about the event! <3 this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually fell asleep on the bus, lol. Good thing I woke up before the bus stop :D I'm glad that I got over my fear 'cuz if I hadn't I would've not been able to go to the event. :D

      Delete
  5. This looks like so much fun! I've only read 2 Colleen Hoover books -- Hopeless and Maybe Someday -- but I really enjoyed them both. :P I've been meaning to get my hands on Confess but I'm a tad lazy. It looks like you guys had a great time, so yay! Hopefully you have more of these in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! haha, I hope that I do get to attend these kinds of events as well. School has been hectic and is really making my schedule full. I hope you get Confess soon! I'm gonna buddy read it soon, haha, hope you enjoy it! :D

      Delete
  6. D'awwwww, it sounds and it looks like you had such a swell time, Jules! I know how much coming to this event means to you considering that you are such a hardcore Colleen Hoover fan! I'm kind of sheltered like you, and I'm scared to go out alone... although my dad is to blame for that too because he made me SO paranoid! >_<

    Hope to meet you this april 11!!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible event Jules! I wish ore bookshops had big launches, even when authors aren't available to be there. It's one of those money can't buy experiences. This is the only Colleen Hoover book I haven't read as yet, but hoping to get to it soon. I love that she's trying something that other authors haven't, first the soundtrack to Maybe Someday and now the artwork surrounding Confess. We need to celebrate authors who aren't afraid to try something new, and it sounds like the event was an awesome celebration in itself. Can't wait to see your thoughts on it Jules and thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, it looks like you had so much fun, Jules! Gosh, I never know about any of the events that happen here. xD I'm not really a CoHo girl, but it would've been fun to meet up with you. :) Did you meet any awesome new people? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you had fun Jules! Especially since I know how much you adore Colleen Hoover! And that took a lot of guts, going to an event alone especially since you don't really know anyone there! I'm glad you got your book too! And i read Confess' description, I'm actually pretty intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a whole lot of fun! I was a part of various book lovers group on facebook and this just keeps on popping everywhere. Hehe! Made me want to read CoHo soon (such a shame that I haven't touched one for the longest time haha)


    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!