August 22, 2014

Movie Review: Lucy

Movie: Lucy

Written and Directed by: Luc Besson

Cast:

  • Scarlett Johansson as Lucy
  • Morgan Freeman as Professor Norman

Taken from IMDb:
A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.








MY OPINION

OMG.

I'm not the usual movie goer, I only watch what I like once in a while. And this is just ohmighad. This movie is amazing!


I never thought that this movie would be this awesome. The story, the effects. Everything about it was so unique and awesome. The story is about Lucy who's been forced to give a package to an unknown person, but she never thought this would happen to her. Personally, the main reason why I loved this movie so much is the uniqueness of the story. I've never heard of this theory before. Where we humans only use 10% of our cerebral capacity. One woman would go to 100%. Doesn't it scream "bookish sci fi dystopian" to you?*winks*

So yes, the story behind Lucy was just so authentic that I had to watch it. The moment that I saw the trailer, I knew that I had to watch it even if I was drowning with all the plates that I have to do. The originality was to die for, and the way that the story seemed real and possible was scary, eerie and awesome at the same time. So in a nutshell, the story was just too awesome. My brain and my heart loves it too much.

Then there's Scarlett-Badass-Johansson. 


I swear, now I have the most biggest definite girl crush on Scarlett Johansson. Because her as Lucy is just so freaking badass. I love her acting a lot, she was so perfect for the role of Lucy. But overall she just made everything Lucy did look so cool and awesome. Haha, sorry, I'm still fangirling.


Anyways, long story short. Scarlett Johansson did a great job on being Lucy. Plus she made every scene look intense and cool looking so gorgeous (and I'm still fangirling)

In a nutshell, the main thing that made Lucy such a good movie is the original concept of the story. I've never encountered it before, even in books, so its interesting and impressive that Luc Besson wrote and directed such an original film (and I'm gonna avoid saying more, because you need to watch it to see its awesomeness). If this movie is gonna have a part two. I want to have my eyes on it. NOW.



Go watch Lucy now! :D

How about you? What's the latest movie you've watched?

16 comments:

  1. WOAH I wasn't going to go and see this movie but it sounds freaking awesome, set in a sci-fi dystopian world! And I love the gifs that you showed too! Scarlet Johanssen is definitely an amazing actress. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeann! :D

      Its not really a dystopian world, but it kinda feels like it haha.

      Delete
  2. I've seen this movie too and hell yeah it was so awesome. Well, it is Johansson so you can't go wrong with her movies. I also like the idea of the 10% theory and the relevance of her name to the ancestor of the mankind, and the travel to the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEEES! Hahaha, I loved everything about it actually! :D Especially the story itself, I was mindblown!

      Delete
  3. My officemate told me that this is indeed awesome. I haven't seen the movie yet but I guess Scarlet really did great. She acts amazing on films like this. She's awesome as Black Widow in Avengers, right? hehe.. Love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Haha, I haven't watched the Avengers yet, but I will now 'cuz I think I'm gonna love all of Scarlet's films haha

      Delete
  4. I've been a fan of Scarlett ever since I saw her as Black Widow in Iron Man 2! And I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed this movie; I really liked the trailer and was intrigued with the 10% theory. I also saw a parody video, it's so funny. I know you're busy with your studies, but if you have time you should watch NigaHiga's Lucy Parody Trailer on Youtube! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWW NIGAHIGA!! Hahaha, I'll check that out, if its from him then its bound to be funny haha

      Delete
  5. Oh hey, Jules, have you seen Limitless? That one has the same "What if humans can access 100% of their brain" theme and I really enjoyed it so you might want to see that. Anyway, I've been meaning to see this because Scarlett Johansson is mah girl. Also, that eye-texture/color shifting thing is awesome~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Hahaha, I was starstrucked by how awesome those effect were in the movie! I am so gonna study that soon! :D

      I haven't heard of that movie, but I'm gonna check it out because this plot just blew me away, thanks for recommending Sarah! :D

      Delete
  6. Honestly I wasn't interested in seeing this film before but after reading your review and a bunch of others, I think I might have to reconsider... It does sound intriguing now that I know more about it. I'm not really an action-y fan but I'm always looking to try new things! Thanks for sharing and I like your gif use! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'm not really a big fan of action movies either, but this movie is awesome! I hope you enjoyed it if you saw it already :D

      Delete
  7. Sounds so badass indeed!! My mom was fangirling over this. I wonder if I can still watch in the cinemas. Thanks for bringing this on my radar, Jules!! <3

    Paula M @ Her Book Thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've actually heard of this concept before and I am pretty sure it was for a movie too but since I don't watch a whole lot of sci fic I cannot be sure. I haven't actually heard of this movie but you definitely have my attention and those gifs are AWESOME. Plus SJ looks pretty damn badass. :D

    I am glad you enjoyed the movie, Jules! :D

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's no doubt about it, she's hot. I haven't seen many of her films, but enjoyed her in The Island, she seems to do scifi really well. This movie looks incredible, hubby has been nagging me to go and see it.

    Rashika, same here. Hubby mentioned the same thing the other day that the concept was originally from another scifi movie or TV show. I usually only half listen when he morphs into nerd speak.

    Awesome wrap up Jules, going to give in and go and see it now too <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't want to watch Lucy when I heard that 10 percent thing. It's an absolutely misconception, because if we only used 10 percent of our brain, we would be dead right now. I was just really annoyed by the use of a wrong fact. And I also didn't feel anything because the trailer looked really weird.

    There's also the fact that it did a bad job on the Chinese. There's a racial undercurrent there when she shot the taxi driver who didn't know English, and I saw this post with a close-up of the words on the wall where she's chained to the chair. And I hate how the words together made no sense (I just remembered there was grape in there, and what was that even doing there) because it's such disrespect for me.

    So sorry for the ranty comment, but the cinematography is excellent! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!