Idle Chit-Chats is where @ Jules Bookshelf talks about bookish and non-bookish topics that is related to a bibliophile.
* * *
|Hey there you awesome person! :D|
As some of you may know, and I currently studying in college, and I'm actually having fun. I love my school, and I love what I'm studying. I think I'm actually learning something and I don't feel any boredom while I'm in school (Well.. most of the time haha). In fact, I've been so dedicated on school that I haven't had the chance to really make some posts for the blog.
Fact is, I will always prioritize studying before blogging, but I can never really let go of blogging. I love it too much to even think of letting it go, but let's face it. A blog can only survive if it has frequent posts right? To tell you the truth, it bothers me that I haven't had the chance to really prepare for my entrance in college. I never expected that it would take up this much of my time. It saddens me because I can't post as regularly as I did before.
So I've been thinking and thinking and thinking of what the right thing I should do. Should I quit blogging? Shut it down for now, then make a big comeback? Or should I try to keep up with my old blogging schedule. Guess what. I can't do any of the things I said above. I love my blog and blogging to much to just put it away. Its my baby and I can't handle it getting dumped or getting stowed away. But I can't disregard my grades and plates because I need to pass, or better yet, I want to have high grades. Haha :D
So let me tell you what I did to get rid of the pressure that has been closing in on me.
- Support from blogging friends. I tell you they have a been a great help. I may have been away from my blog, but I do get to talk to them through twitter. They helped a lot because they encouraged me to still continue, despite my lack of time to be consistent in terms of blogging. Its nice because they even tweet me even if my tweet wasn't book related. It gave me a lot of confidence that I may handle this. And they always remind me to just have fun. :)
- Accept the brutal truth. Even if it hurts me to say this. But I can't read longer that I want to now. I have a lot of homework and plates to do. I can't read as much as I wanted too. And this comes with blogging as well. I can't seem to find the time to actually make a new post as fast as before. Its sad, but I've accepted it, and I'm trying to find a way to still "blog" and not keep this site stagnant. I can't eat more that I can chew, so I have to learn how to balance my blog, studies and reading.
- Remember why I started this blog in the first place. Yes it is awesome that my blog is more active than it was before, I feel like its a big achievement of mine, since I've had it for 2 years now. But looking back, I never even known the dos and don'ts of blogging. I don't even have followers, I didn't know how to join blog tours, I don't know how to use Netgalley. The main thing that drove me to continue blogging is because I love reading, and because I love sharing my thoughts. If I think its pressuring me and making me hate the craft. Then I'm doing something wrong here.
- I love the community. Though the blogosphere isn't all glitters and rainbows, I had to admit that all the blogs I've seen had helped me build a larger view in life. They gave me different kind of perspectives and I've gained friends in these people.
- Be yourself. This blog is about me reviewing books and sharing what I love and me gushing about my book boyfriends. I don't need it to be the most famous blog in the world. I just love the fact that its mine.
Well, that's my discussion for now. :) I hope you guys like it. :)