June 7, 2014

Book Review: Kiss the Sky by Krista and Becca Ritchie

Kiss the Sky by Krista and Becca Ritchie (10 Stars)






Virgin. Sex addict. Daredevil. Alcoholic. Smartass … Jackass. Her five friends are about to be filmed. Reality TV, be prepared.

Rose Calloway thought she had everything under control. At twenty-three, she’s a Princeton graduate, an Academic Bowl champion, a fashion designer and the daughter of a Fortune 500 mogul. But with a sex addict as a sister and roommate, nothing comes easy.

After accepting help from a producer, Rose agrees to have her life filmed for a reality television show. The Hollywood exec is her last chance to revive her struggling fashion line, and boundaries begin to blur as she’s forced to make nice with a man who always has his way.

Twenty-four-year-old Connor Cobalt is a guy who bulldozes weak men. He’s confident, smart-as-hell and lives with his equally ambitious girlfriend, Rose Calloway. Connor has to find a way to protect Rose without ruining the show. Or else the producer will get what Connor has always wanted—Rose’s virginity.


MY OPINION

I think I just met the most cutest and my newest favourite couple ever. And I think they are the epitome of a perfect couple (at least in their case) and the story itself and its character were amazing.

Ever since I read Addicted to You I was immediately drawn to Connor (Aimee, if you’re reading this, you know me so well. :D), he was the kind of character that would be hard to miss, and when I knew that he had his own story with Rose, I immediately wanted to read it.

And Connor and Rose did not disappoint.

Have you ever watched Kaichou Wa Maid Sama. If you did, you would know that Usui and Misaki are always challenging each other, and that they would always taunt one another try to beat each other (tho Usui always win tho). Its kind of the same dynamic as this one. They are both really really talented smart people. Especially Connor. They excel in the things that they pursue on and they always challenge each other. But in a way, instead of it being childish or immature, its kinda endearing and charming to watch. Especially since Connor really doesn’t care if he loses, he just wants to see Rose try her hardest. They made their relationship dynamic. They are close best friends and yet, they are also each other’s rival. It was a fun thing to see their relationship evolve to a more intimate matter.

Rose was a very determined character. I love her protectiveness towards her sisters. It was sweet of her to be that motherly towards them, and yet have the cold attitude of an ice queen towards others. I admire Rose for being herself and for being independent in her dreams and responsibilities. But really I’m more enamoured by Connor. Connor provides more of the humor in this book, alongside Loren, who has the kind of sarcastic humor. But the best thing I have to say about him is that he brings out the best Rose ( I have to stop now because I have a lot of things I could list out about how much I love Connor, and I will in my next BookBoyfriend post :D)

Another thing you should know about these two is their dedication in making those close to them, safe and protected. I saw just how they worked together to make Lily, Lo, Ryke and Daisy feel safe, even if they were in survelance of so many cameras. The camaraderie that they all formed with each other was just so “aaawwww” inducing that I can’t help but love everything about them all.

WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

It’s the kind of book that makes you love all of the character (except of course of the antagonist). The relationship between the characters are just funny, sarcastic and sweet. Tho this is NA (just for you young readers out there ;D) I still enjoyed the story of all these adults in the story. Even if it has a reality show setting in it. Its not dramatic, instead it was a whole lot of fun, and it made a mark in my reading life.

* * *
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Becca Ritchie claims she's from Mystic Falls, but really, she lives in Atlanta where humidity is her greatest foe. She loves comic books, blue nail polish and Jonathan Taylor Thomas circa 1995. She frequents Twitter to dish about too many TV shows, and when she's not blogging, she writes novels and has teamed up with her twin sister to collaborate on a New Adult series.

Krista Ritchie has a clone...or someone who looks exactly like her. If she's not writing books with her twin sister, she's pouring over entertainment news and ingesting copious amounts of pop culture. She likes tennis, that thing called the TV, and beating Becca (her clone) on Sega Genesis.

CONNECT WITH THEM
Website | Facebook | Twitter 

15 comments:

  1. Bahaha! I love the special mention. ;) Connor's soooo cute. I need to continue this series/spin-off. This sounds much lighter than Addicted to You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome Aimee, I ended up laughing haha, tho this is NA dude :D

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I haven't read anything by these two yet but I keep on seeing them recommended and they sound truly awesome. Lovely review Jules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the epitome of awesomeness Jeann <3

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, I've heard loads about the overall series (this is a spin-off right?). Haven't read them myself yet but want to when I have the time, but was skimming through the reviews on goodreads and it just seems really good. I seriously can't wait to meet Connor either ;). Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its a spin off, but honestly, i love this more than the original series hahaha :D

      Delete
  4. Ack. Why can't I get into this series? I picked this up and Hothouse Flower (?) on the recommendation of Nick's Book Blog; sadly, I've been unable to pick them back up ever since I started them last month.

    Anyway, I know I'm missing something but I'm hoping I'll be able to appreciate it as much as you have, Jules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess its different for everyone, I just loved the dynamic of their relationship. I think its rare to find it in books these days

      Delete
  5. I didn't really like Kaichou wa Maid-Sama as a whole, but I did like how their standard was each other and they inspired each other to be their best in everything. This is probably the reason why I am not interested in reading this book. That's the kind of relationship I love having, when your significant other inspires you so much that you don't settle for anything less. I want to feel all the feels, too! ^_^ Great review, Jules!

    Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! No one should settle for less <3
      Everyone deserves their best significant other :D

      Delete
  6. I haven't read this OR the original series yet, so I guess I'll have to get on that ASAP, right? :D The relationships between the characters just sound so well-done and realistic, and I can't wait to experience it for myself.

    Thanks for sharing Jules, and, as always, BRILLIANT review! Definitely going to hop on this ASAP! :D

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks Zoe <3
      I hope you enjoy it and them as well when you read it :D

      Delete
  7. I love sarcastic and sweet characters, so this definitely sounds like something I would enjoy. Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you read it soon Tess <3
      I can't wait to know if you love it :D

      Delete
  8. I've had my eye on this book for awhile! I always love a great romance, but I've been really picky about my NAs lately. I'll probably end up reading this one someday and absolutely loving it, but I'm still a bit hesitant to pick it up. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!