June 9, 2014

Book Boyfriends: Connor Cobalt

This is where I go girly and swoon and rant to you guys about my latest book boyfriend

* * *

Connor Cobalt of Kiss the Sky by Krista and Becca Ritchie

Its been awhile since I wrote something like this. I’ve been deciding that I need to be able to rant about this particular character, because whenever his name is mentioned, I literally became mush.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT HIM

Connor Cobalt is different compared to the guys I usually read about, well…considering the usual kind I guys I like. I’ve always been known to love the bad guys and the funny guys in books. I’m not the kind of girl that is easily impressed with the nerdy guys (that sounds so conceited lol, Okay rephrase :D) : I’ve not been impressed by a nerdy guy so far. But intelligence is really something impressive and a turn on for me as well. Connor Cobalt is the perfect mixture of Smart(ass), Badboy(ish), and Funny(suuuper). I never thought that him being the most conceited smartass would be charming to me. He reminds of that one guy you tend to fight in pre-school just because he knows how to talk back (lol, that sounds so childish, but its true! )

I love his no nonsense attitude and his confidence with himself. Yes, sometimes he is conceited, but in a way, but it’s just who he is, and its charming to me, because it doesn’t sound cocky or arrogant when it comes from him. He is also a perfectionist with himself, but he never looks down on other people, even if he is much more successful. But what I love most about him, is that, despite him being successful and looked upon by other people, all he could see is the perfection of Rose Calloway. I love how he brings out the best in her, and how he compliments her character. He sees her as an equal, but at the same time, he would happily be willing to sacrifice his own success to be with Rose and to give her what makes her happy. Some guys would prefer to be superior to a girl, but I never saw that with Connor, he admires Rose for being determined and independent. He supports her projects and business. And he encourages her to be herself, and to pursue her dreams and he would never be intimidated if Rose succeed. He would revel and be proud of it, instead.

He’s not like most guys, he is definitely unique character, and I don’t think I could ever forget him.

So you're wondering why I don't have anything that I don't like about him. The fact love everything about him, so I don't have anything I dislike with him. :D

That's all for now?
How about you? Who's your latest book boyfriend? :D

17 comments:

  1. Yeah, we do know you're usual type, Jules! Hahaha. I almost always find the nerdy guys charming and cute. :) Connor's adorable! I love him and Rose. So cute. <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know <3 They're like the new alpha couple but funny and quirky at the same time :D

      Delete
  2. Anyone who isn't Travis Maddox is a plus in my book, but this is one book boyfriend that sounds like he'd be a big favourite of most readers. I have to admit, I like the quiet, nerdy and artistic male characters. He doesn't need to write poetry, but I usually assimilate art with passion. There's actually only two I've ever swooned over and neither fit my typical description, Morpheus from the Splintered series and Warner from Shatter Me. I'm swooning again already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMHIGAHD, I LOVE THEM TOO! They are mysterious, expressive and blunt. I love them a lot :D <3

      Tho Dre said its maybe because I'm young and I seem to always fall for the bad guys hahaha :D

      Delete
  3. I also like a no-nonsense attitude, and confidence that doesn't come across as arrogance. I can feel your swoon from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha :D I am glad that you would feel me swooning over there :D

      Delete
  4. Uh-oh, my latest book boyfriend is a nerd, like KING nerd lol
    And it is Zak Gibbons from How to Date a Nerd. He can speak Tolkien's Elvish language, he knows Harry Potter by heart, and he can play World of Warcraft in his sleep. AND he never comes to school late. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sounds so cute <3
      I'm gonna try that! He sounds like an adorable nerd :D

      Delete
  5. oh, oh , oh !!! I love Conner! This book is just so awesome. Don't tell my boyfriend, but if Conner was real, he might have a problem and some major competition.

    Great post!


    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA. Don't worry, my lips are sealed. ;)

      Good thing I don't have a real life boyfie yet, he'd be having competition as well hahaha :D

      Delete
  6. He does sound like a good mix. Sometimes the bad broody boy can be way overdone so glad they are mixing in some humor with connor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I loved a few broody guys but reading about Connor is like a breath of fresh air. :D

      Delete
  7. I haven't read Kiss the Sky yet, so I do not know of the awesomeness that is Connor, but I'll definitely get on that pronto! ;)

    I'm definitely a Peeta Mellark fangirl though! :D

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that. I'm Team Peeta <3

      Delete
  8. Ooh this Connor guy does sound really sweet! I know a bunch of other ladies who can't stop raving about him.

    Awesome post! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to meet these ladies then. Hahaha :D thanks Mel!

      Delete
  9. Woah, he sounds a bit swoonworthy. ;) I particularly like it when books have couples that treat each other equally and respect each other's decisions/opinions. XD Tempted to check out this book now, for sure. lol
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!