May 8, 2014

The Blogger Test

Thank you to fabulous Ella of The Filipina Booknote and for the ever gorgeous Dre of Sporadic Reads for tagging me in the Blogger Test. So I'm gonna give you both this virtual bro fist! :D Let's just make it a more girlish version :D


I promise not to be too weird or maybe I will... hahaha :D

* * *


What are your top three book pet hates?
  1. Guys that act like complete a**hats
    I'm not gonna lie, I've been the kind of girl that tends to fall and swoon over the bad guys in books (But not always, maybe 85% of the time? Hahaha :D) but what I hate most is when a guy has no respect towards the girl or anyone for the matter. I have my own limits and I don't like a**hats at all.
  2. The naive and stupid heroine that doesn't know when enough is enough
    My friend once told me that I was like a feminist (Thinking about it, I kinda am, tho not always ;) ), I tend to hate it when guys don't have respect for the girls. What more if the girls don't have respect for themselves. I hate girls like that. I don't care if she's blind in love or anything. Love isn't supposed to make you dumb. Its supposed to make you a better and improved version of yourself. I hate it when the girl's so clingy and emotionally dependent. I'd rather have them angsty than that.
  3. Long, unnecessary prose

    I don't like reading long paragraphs full of things I don't really need to know. I tend to scan books like these instead of fully "reading" it because of my laziness to read a whole paragraph dedicated only to one particular item or movement. -.-"
Describe your perfect reading spot.

Somewhere breezy and cool. Preferably near the fields (We have a lot of fields in PH haha ) where you could feel fresh air around you. With a my favorite pillow :)

Tell us 3 book confessions

  • Whenever I'm in the mall or any shop. I will always check the bookstores, whether I will or won't buy a book. 
  •  Whenever the book had a good description of the characters or settings. I draw the characters or scenes. (I drew Anna from Anna Dressed in Blood and a series of drawings from Alice in Wonderland ;D)
  •   I love flipping the book really fast 'cuz it makes this noise that I crave for when I buy new books
When was the last time you cried during a book?

Well the most recent book that I cried for would be The Catastrophic History of You and Me. If you haven't read that yet, I guarantee you it would be divine. :D

How many books are on your bedside table

Technically, I don't have a bedside table, but I do have a study table. I don't have any books in it right now. But whenever I read its usually just one book and my e-reader :D

What is your favorite snack whilst you are reading?

It depends on what I have by that time, but the recent snack I had while reading was french fries :P

Name 3 books you would recommend to everyone
  1. The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout (I'm gonna cheat on this, THEY HAVE TO READ ALL HAHAHA :D)
  2. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
  3. The Edge of Never by J.A Redmerski (Tho this is NA for those young readers out there ;D)

Show your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase

Actually, I have no bookshelf right now because I've packed my books because I am moving away for college (I know its sad, I don't have anything to stare at anymore D:)

Write how much books mean to you in just three words

The Stress Reliever

What is your biggest reading secret?

The first book I ever read was Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. (I actually liked that :D)

TAG YOU'RE IT!

24 comments:

  1. I also tend to skip through long unnecessary prose too! Also, where are these breezy, cool places? I need them now. Lol. It's so hooot~ And I love this answer "The Stress Reliever" XD Lastly, how did you end up reading Breaking Dawn without reading the first book in the series? :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, they're in my province it is awesome there! I don't know why I said that tho, I kinda think I made me books sound like a superhero hahaha. That was the time that i already watched the first of the three movies, so I didn't bother. But I did read Twilight after :D

      Delete
  2. I am definitely checking out "The Catastrophic History of You and Me" :D
    I also dislike run on sentences. It's just too long! Are you excited for college? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am terrified. I just enrolled, and I am finally feeling the college vibe now hahaha :D

      Delete
  3. Reading spot: a hammock tied between two trees. Right? right? Also, high five for asshats. Hate them too. Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Yes yes! hahaha, gotta love a hammock :D. Kudos to hatin' asshats. :D

      Delete
  4. Wishing you many patience and sunblocks for college haha! Prepare a lot of coins, umbrella and slippers! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I hope I don't get any horror profs hahaha, well... not too much :DD

      Delete
  5. See! and here you say you draw the scenes! You simply have to hookup to the fan art now! Because I am dying to see some of your art.

    by the way..I'm totally addicted to anime I've tried manga but you know I prefer graphic novesl - I just can't get over that reading the other direction thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I don't draw always, just sometimes hahaha. Thanks Tabitha :D

      I got weirded out by manga too. Hahaha, but it kinda grew on me. But I do love Graphic Novels :D

      Delete
  6. *flails and hides* You can't see me. O_O And oy! Why are you guys reminding me of college? Dx *panic ensues* Someone get me a time machine. ASAP. But thanks for tagging me! *attempts to find an open posting spot with failure* Sigh...

    Oh, and I liked Breaking Dawn as well. Twilight wasn't too terrible.

    Pretend I didn't say that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, true. The last book was the best book in the series. I hate the movies more. They made Bella look so naive, but she isn't. Well... not TOO MUCH. Hahaha :D

      Delete
  7. That is so random that you read Breaking Dawn as the 4th book, it was really weird lol! I can't wait to read Edge of Never or Slammed either. I always check out the bookstore either, leading in many purchases hehe~! Thanks for my tag :)

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read it because the movie was going to show, so I wanted to know what's the difference between the movies. :D I am awaiting your answers! :D

      Delete
  8. I'm questioning your first pet peeve since I do believe you love some manipulative asshats. :P Obsidian was sooooo boring lol. *insert peace sign here* Anyway, We already know how different our tastes are. XD *flails* Thanks for tagging me... twice. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I can't help it! Some guys have that bad boy image, but they're still softies, but I hate asshats, promise hahaah! :D I can't wait to see your answers! :D

      Delete
  9. Jules, you should definitely share your drawings with us, especially of Anna! She's one of my favorites characters EVER. And I love bad boys too *fist bump* but I agree that I hate asshats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that you feel me! Hahaha, I might share it someday, but maybe after I read Girl of Nightmares ;)

      Delete
  10. That's really cool that you'll draw the characters or settings of some books. :) I very much approve of your three recommendations, though I haven't read the Slammed series yet (I've read another book from the author, which I simply loved). I know, I need to read it! I'm in the process of getting the series on my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read all of C.H's works. But I think the Slammed series is the best among her books :) Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  11. Ohh, I would love to see your interpretations of the characters you draw, that sounds incredible. How did you start? Laying in the fields reading? You sound like a romance cover, brilliant! I couldn't, the bugs, oh the bugs :D

    The first books I read when I took up reading again was the Twilight series too. It never ceases to amaze me and how many of us got back into reading through them. Thank goodness we've moved on and found bigger and better books, or we'd all be Cullan obsessed. Thanks for sharing Jules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Lol. Thanks Kelly! I might show it someday when I review the sequel for Anna Dressed in Blood. I dunno, I have the most weirdest reading spots. But this is my favorite. Right before sundown, the breeze would be cool, and there's still light so its refreshing to read. Its true, a lot of great books came out after Twilight, and as much as I hate the movie. I think the books where "okay" for me :D

      Delete
  12. You must be talented to be able to sketch characters and their setting from what's described! I'd love to see you post your illustrations here! I always go into a book store if I'm passing no matter if I plan on buying or not. I can't help but look! Wonderful post here Jules! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. I think its normal for us bookworms to just go to a bookstore and admire new books, even if we aren't going to buy anything :D

      Delete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!