April 2, 2014

Top Three's : Best Book Bestfriends

Temporary Banner :)

Top Three's is a game/feature where I (sometimes with my reading buddy Stef,) rants about our top three favorites of everything, especially books.

And first topic in this feature is...

BEST BOOK BESTFRIENDS


Yes, it is usual for us to swoon over the hero of the book. Or to admire the heroine for her kick-ass attitude or no-nonsense attitude as well. But sometimes there are those other characters that shine as bright as the heroes and heroines.

Ollie
from
Wait for You & Trust in Me by J. Lynn 
[ Click picture for my reviews ]

      

MY REASONS

Ever since I started reading Wait for You & Trust in Me. I've noticed this very humorous and carefree guy. Don't get me wrong, I loved Cam. But there's something in Ollie that just pulls on me. Besides the fact that he is hot and funny, he's also has the charisma of standing out despite him not being a main character. And even though I've only seen snippets of him in the duration of the two novels, I still found myself in love with him.

Kenji Kishimoto
from
The Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi
[ Click the covers for my reviews ] 

       

MY REASONS

Ohmighad. OMG. OMG. Oh, my freaking G.
I love love love Kenji so much :D
At first, I didn't notice him at all. He was funny, yes. But not appealing enough to actually grab my attention. But when he introduced his true self and became more of a friend of Juliette and Adam, I saw who Kenji really was in the series. And I loved everything about him.

He was funny and light-hearted. He was more of an ice-breaker on the most tense situation. Honestly, he reminds me of the class clown. The handsome class-clown. There were a lot of situations that he lightened up with his upbeat character. To put it bluntly, even if he wasn't even that handsome, I would probably still end up liking Kenji.

Daniel
from
Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover

MY REASONS

There is nothing more cuter and adorable when guys act gay (No pun intended). And I'm not trying to be mean or anything. These are the moments when guys act like girls, those "gay moments" where they confess their "love" and "care" for their bro's. Which is rare for boys.

I loved that Daniel was like this with Holder in Losing Hope. I loved that Daniel fooled around with Holder and acted clingy towards him. I don't know why I am amused by that sitation, but in a way, I find it adorable when guy's get sappy and showy when it comes to their feelings, even if those "feelings" tend to be exaggerated.

6 comments:

  1. Kenji is so adorable!! <3 I haven't read the other books yet, since I don't read a lot NA books. ;( But great new feature, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimee :D I'm excited for the next one I'll do. When the time comes, hope you read the other books! You will not regret it :D

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these books, but I can well understand how precious book boyfriends can be <3 My ideal book boyfriend is someone funny, smart, intelligent, and can throw a witty comment or two. Definitely not the bad boy type!

    Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of a mix with my book boyfriends. But I definitely like a funny & witty guy. Those are probably my most fave :D

      Delete
  3. Totally agree with Kenji and Daniel! I haven't read the 1st book, so I don't know Ollie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read about Daniel, I wished his story was more than just a novella :D He was awesome!! :D

      Delete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!