April 28, 2014

First Book Signing : My Experience at Veronica, Tahereh and Ransom's Signing


My First Book Signing

So yesterday, April 26. Something awesome happened in my bookish life. Yesterday, Tahereh Mafi, Ransom Riggs and Veronica Rossi had their signing here in the Philippines. I've always wanted to come to a book signing, just to know what will happen and to meet authors face to face. I've already put it in my bucketlist to try and go no matter what.

I got there 10:30 ish. I thought that a lot of people would barrage the signing early. So foolish me didn't go as early as planned. I was wrong. The line was suuuuper long. The crowd was already big when I got there.

Look at the crowd. I can't even see anything from the back :D
Photo Credit: Irish @ Nocturnal Reader

After I got to the end of the line, we went ahead and got registered. I even made friends while I was in line ;) tho we got separated after.


I became anxious because of the really big crowd, it was surprising jus how many people came to this event. The first person even came at 1:54 in the morning. The crowd was almost 2000 people in total. With that many people I was easily swallowed up. Thankfully I found my blogging friends right after.

         

First Photo: Them before I got there :D Photo Credit: Ella @ The Filipina Booknote
Second Photo: Times when the line is nearer to 700! :D Photo Credit: Irish @ Nocturnal Reader

First time meeting! So happy :)
Left to Right: Nix, Aimee, Dre, Ella, Me, Irish and Dyan :D
Photo Credit: Irish @ Nocturnal Reader

It was awesome to have the chance to meet them, even though the line to have our books signed was a long one, I enjoyed waiting because I had the chance to chat to them about books and stuff. Apparently I was the only one on TeamWarner in the whole group. Almost all of them were TeamAdam. Good thing all of us love Kenji to a fault! I'm glad I got to meet up with these gals, it made the event more fun :D and then... 1129 people after. It was my turn :)

Then it was finally time :">


Getting the chance to meet Tahereh was the biggest thing that happened ever. Technically she was the first author I got to see face-to-face and she's the first author that signed my book. She was so pretty, I was awe-struck by her that all I got to say was thank you at the end. Which I regretted.


Veronica was a dearie! She even asked how I was. "I was actually nervous." I said. But she encouraged me to not be nervous. I felt really welcomed by her, and that's surprising since she's the one in a different country. She's also really pretty and I was in awe of her glow ;)

Unfortunately I've not had a chance to meet Ransom since I didn't have a book from him (I planned to buy one but paperbacks were out of stock, sadly) But I did buy one after the event. She's so pretty... eerily pretty :D

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY

  • I got to meet for the first time all these book bloggers I've been talking with. When I got to the event, I got scared, because there were so many people, I was afraid since its my first time. But when I got to see Ella, Irish, Kate, Dre, Nix, Dyan and Aimee. I feel happy to be a blogger, rejuvenated. I was able to share being a bookworm and a blogger which some of my friends don't really understand. I'm glad I got to meet all of them, too bad Faye couldn't come tho.
  • I never thought I would be the only TeamWarner fan in the group. Apparantly, I'm just fond of the bad boys ;) But I guess that's me.
  • Ransom is probably the most cutest author guy I met. Too bad I didn't get to meet him. I'll be reading Miss Peregrine soon.
  • Ransom and Tahereh were married. Just lately. I was in shock when I found out.
  • Ransom was a complete gentleman. He even stands up when people take a picture with him.
  • Veronica has a beautiful aura.
  • Tahereh was super stylish, I loved her whole outfit. 
  • Tahereh also wore blue eyeliner and had her nails in different colors. And she looked awesome with it.
  • Tahereh and Ransom kept tweeting pics. And picturing each other (AWWWWWWWWWWWWW MOMENT!)
  • Tahereh is the most fashionable author I've seen so far.
  • Ransom has pretty eyes
  • Veronica had an interview with a local news station here in the PH
  • Veronica had a girly signature

Books I got by the authors





So that's how my day ended. Happy, inspired, and exciting.
I can't wait for the next event.
Until next time :DDDD

 - Jules @ Jules Bookshelf

Check out my gal's recap as well!


18 comments:

  1. I think even though the line was super long it really helped that you were with everyone! It definitely helped the long hours. I'm so jealous that you guys were able to finally meet each other!

    And I'm Team Warner! You and me against the world Jules! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Go Warner!! If you ever come here we all should meet up! :D

      Delete
  2. Yes Ransom has pretty eyes and yes I was shocked to find out they were married! Totally started stalking them and their tweets are ADORABLE! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their IG accounts are even better Aimee! :D

      Delete
  3. It was damn awesome to meet you, Jules! We were all tired, but the company was worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Dre. Even if our back ached the day after still. I still don't regret spending the day with you guys! :D

      Delete
  4. And next time please don't wear a white dress Jules HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes po....
      Hahaha. Lesson learned. Be practical and wear jeans and shirt na lang. hahaha :D

      Delete
  5. OMG I am super jealous and happy for you!! How did you hear about the event? I am dying to go to one :)

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily!
      Its posted by my bookstore. Maybe 3 or 4 months before the actual event.
      It was great! I got to meet my fellow book bloggers and my fave authors. You should try going in yours, its a great experience :D

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I really want to sttend some of these but had no clue! So glad you got to enjoy it :)

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure how it works there. But maybe try and see other book bloggers and ask them. Plus, I know some authors update their appearances, you could try that :D

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to wait for you, Jules. Let's go earlier and together next time. I haven't posted my recap yet.. I'm too lazy to write anything lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, its okay Irish :)
      Me too. I can't seem to write any reviews lately.

      Delete
  7. I'm team Warner too, but I would definitely choose Kanji out of all of them. :P and I agree about Veronica. She's way prettier in person than in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has less make up that the usual! And she's so preeeeeetty :3

      Delete
  8. That so cool! I'm so happy that you got to experience such an awesome event! And TEAM WARNER FOREVER like legit, theres no other team for me. I don't even know the guys other name xD And Tahereh and Ransom are the cutest couple ever!! Ugh I love them <3 Thank you so much for sharing :) P.S. YOUR GLASSES ARE SO CUTE OHMAGAWD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks Kaina! It was the best day in my life. I can't help but reminisce every time I remember! I agree!! #RANSEREH FOREVAAAAAH! I hope you have fun at BEA!

      Delete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!