April 15, 2014

Book Review: Pivot Point by Kasie West

Pivot Point by Kasie West (5 Stars)






Blurb from Goodreads:

Knowing the outcome doesn’t always make a choice easier . . .

Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.

In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through . . . and who she can’t live without.

MY OPINION


Its hard to find a good dystopian novel. There are many dystopian novels out there, but its hard to find one book that would be able to feel realistic and futuristic at the same time. But in a nutshell. I think I just found an addition to my favourite dystopian reads.

Pivot Point, talks about the life of Addie, and how she has the ability to see what her future is. And when she’s faced with two paths she never thought she’d face, and Searches for what would happen to the future of both paths, she finds out that things aren’t always what they seem.

I loved every aspect of this book. Honestly, I’ve not thought (at first) that this was a dystopian book. I thought it was fantasy, based on the cover alone. But it was a good surprise, because I’ve finally found an addition to my growing collection of favourite Dystopian novels. I loved the whole story itself. I loved the plot and pacing. Which was perfectly made. I loved the way the story was built. About this hidden school for “advanced people” like Addie. Who had different kind of mind powers like that bald guy in X-Men (Sorry, I don’t remember his name, I think it started with Professor, I’m not really a fan of superhero movies..except Thor). It was awesome, it kinda reminded me of superheroes, only without the revealing tights, and sometimes cheesy costumes.

But most of all. I loved how it alternated between two of the possible futures that Addie would be facing. I loved how I got to see the different sides of Addie’s life, considering if she chooses either futures. I loved Trevor. Honestly, I loved him so much for not making a fuss about her “secret”. I loved that he’s kind of a hot-nerd, and that he loves drawing comics. His whole package, I loved a lot. And the fact that he’s a complete gentleman is the greatest turn-on factor about him. Plus. He’s also the most sweetest guy ever.

But what made the story great was that I felt as if I was the one seeing the future. And it pained me that I knew Addie had to make this very important choice. The ending almost killed me, but I knew there was a sequel. But still, I was attached the Addie enough to actually feel pained about the position she’s in.

Overall, I think the book was great, I just finished this a two days ago, but my fingers are itching to read the next sequel.

Trevor, I will wait for you XD

WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

Its one of those books that had the double edge, great plot & pacing, with very good characters (Hero/Heroines) that make you love the book even more. I loved every minute of reading this. If you like a good heroine, and an even greater guy as a love interest, you should definitely read this one. Oooh, and their powers are awesome btw.

* * *
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

I write YA. I eat Junior Mints. Sometimes I go crazy and do both at the same time. My novels, published through Harper Teen are: PIVOT POINT, its sequel SPLIT SECOND (Feb 2014), and THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US (a contemporary novel). I also have two more contemporaries, ON THE FENCE coming out July 1, 2014, and THE FILL-IN BOYFRIEND coming out the summer of 2015. My agent is the talented and funny Michelle Wolfson.

CONNECT WITH HER

Website  | Twitter

6 comments:

  1. Not related to Pivot Point. Just want to say that I followed your blog and I'm waiting for your review of Kaichou Wa Maid Sama. I love that Manga!

    Biena of The Library Mistress
    www.librarymistress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww :3 Thank you Biena :D Thank you for the random thought, I'm actually still trying to write the review. Its kinda hard because I've read the whole manga up to the end. I'll keep you posted okay? :D

      Delete
  2. This book has been reviewed by most of my frequently visited blogs, and it always gets a positive review. I should really read this book, eh? I will have to add this to my TBR, the ever growing list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised myself. I didn't know that this book would be this good. Hope you read it soon :D

      Delete
  3. Read book 2, Jules! XD My Trevor feels.... I'm so glad you loved this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved this one. I cannot get over what happened though :)

      Delete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!