March 9, 2014

Book Review: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (5 Stars)





Blurb from Goodreads:
Juliette now knows she may be the only one who can stop the Reestablishment. But to take them down, she'll need the help of the one person she never thought she could trust: Warner. And as they work together, Juliette will discover that everything she thought she knew - about Warner, her abilities, and even Adam - was wrong.



MY OPINION

From the moment that I've seen the first book. It got me hooked, just from the cover. I've read and reviewed the first two book of the series. And I'm glad to say that the ending was just as amazing as the earlier books.

I had to admit that I did not expect what Ms Mafi wrote for the last book. Personally, I loved the second book too much, and I thought that it would be pretty hard to top how I loved the second book. But I ate my words. For me, Ignite Me was a mile better and climatic that the second and the first books. As I am trying to write this review. I am trying so hard not to just blurt out random stuff why I loved this book. There were just so many that I've not organized my thought to write an organized review.

First on my random thoughts... I loved how Juliette grew as a character. This is probably the most thought about reason why I loved this book. I admit. Juliette is defnitely a naive character. Pretty awkward actually. Being trapped for a long time does that. She was pretty useless when it comes to fighting. She was very sensitive. But in Ignite Me, it was like seeing the real Juliette come to life. I liked her than in a neutral level in the first two books. But I am impressed with how badass she in this one. I loved it that she finally had that fire in her. I loved that she’s not scared anymore. Other than the sass she developed. I appreciated how she became more of a leader here. Whereas on the first two books. She’s been nothing but meek.

The second random reason I have is how PEOPLE FINALLY SEE HOW AWESOME MY WARNER IS. I had to admit that when I started reading the book. I was really weirded out by how obsessive Warner is with Juliette. He is really creepy. I only loved Warner when I finished reading Unravel me. But finally, I saw that Warner had received the proper appreciation that he should’ve gotten. Granted, I am a bit biased, but a lot of readers appreciated how they finally saw who Warner was as a person. And I am one of those readers. I also loved seeing the “playful” side of Warner. Plus. He smiles more and much more attractive here. (Sorry, female fangirling is taking over)

This gave me more reasons to love Kenji. Okay. I am sorry for being swoony and maybe a bit silly. But truthfully, I loved reading this book also because I saw more reasons to love Kenji. He’s in one of my list of the best guys ever in books. I saw him in his serious mode, and I also saw him being his usual funny self. He’s definitely the ice breaker when things get to serious. I loved how he would just joke in the middle of a tense confrontation (Mostly between Juliette, Warner and Adam). Basically, he’s one of the most memorable characters in the series.

The only thing I did not like, well… understand, was why Adam suddenly became the most biggest douchebag ever. I don’t really hate Adam before. I was neutral with him because he seemed like a good guy. But I do not understand where all the hate suddenly popped out. I don’t like him here, mainly because he is unreasonable and hateful. Basically he’s pretty much of a douchebag here.

In a nutshell, these are my random reason why I loved Ignite Me. Its so sad to see this series end. But I'm glad I read it. Can't wait for more books from Ms Tahereh Mafi :D

WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

For those of you who haven’t read the first of the series yet. I strongly suggest that you read it now! Ignite me was the perfect ending for the most memorable series ever. The characters will forever be imprinted in my mind.

* * * 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR



Tahereh Mafi is a girl.

She’s 24. She was born in a small city somewhere in Connecticut and currently resides in Orange County, California, where she drinks too much caffeine and finds the weather to be just a little too perfect for her taste. When unable to find a book, she can be found reading candy wrappers, coupons, and old receipts. SHATTER ME is her first novel.

Foreign rights have sold in 22 territories to-date and film rights have been optioned by 20th Century Fox

CONNECT WITH HER HERE:

Blog | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, how I loved this book! I'm so sad to see the series end though. Warner is one of the few who begun as a villain and made the reader fall in love with him. Brilliant review.
    My Latest post: Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that they finally saw how great my Warner is <3

      Delete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!