January 24, 2014

Book Review: Where You'll Find Me by Erin Fletcher

Where You'll Find Me by Erin Fletcher (2.5 Stars)


I received a copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.


Blurb from Goodreads:

When Hanley Helton discovers a boy living in her garage, she knows she should kick him out. But Nate is too charming to be dangerous. He just needs a place to get away, which Hanley understands. Her own escape methods (vodka, black hair dye, and pretending the past didn't happen) are more traditional, but who is she to judge?

Nate doesn't tell her why he's in her garage, and she doesn't tell him what she's running from. Soon, Hanley's trading her late-night escapades for all-night conversations and stolen kisses. But when Nate's recognized as the missing teen from the news, Hanley isn't sure which is worse: that she's harboring a fugitive, or that she's in love with one.



MY OPINION

I was glad I had the chance to read this book. But I wish it wasn't a standalone :)

Personally, if you read the book. Its pretty simple. But even though is not as wonderful as you think, you find yourself liking it more. Unfortunately, my mind's a bit messy right now, so this review will be short and is in bullet form. Here's the pro's and con's of my opinion.

PRO'S

  • I had a lot of fun knowing more about the characters. They were a good bunch. I don't think I hate anyone here. All of them were really likeable in "basic standards", even those I was supposed to not like. So long story short, they were good. But not that great. Hanley was okay. She isn't naive nor is she an icy snow queen. Nate was cute. But not cute enough for me to gush over too much.
  • It had something different to it. I can't pinpoint what its difference is. Just that it seemed different compared to other contemporary novels out there.
  • The cover is to die for! I love it. Its one of the things that drew me in.
  • I like the relationship between the two main characters :D There wasn't the usual drama between the couple. I love that because its rare in the era of books these days.
  • It had the emotional vibe I crave in books. It screamed; "EMOTIONAL" the moment I saw it.
CON'S

  • It was predictable. Very predictable actually. There wasn't really surprising. Even if there was, I wasn't too affected by it.
  • There wasn't really anything climatic about it. "Meh" to be simple.
  • The characters were forgettable. Sadly, I have forgotten the names of all the characters in the book. And that's just sad ya know?
  • It was just a forgettable book. Even though it was a good read. I don't think I'll remember much from these in the next months to come. Sorry to say.
I still enjoyed it. Because of this, I will endeavor to look out for more books by Erin Fletcher :)

* * *

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Erin Fletcher. YA writer. WHERE YOU'LL FIND ME coming 1/7/14 from Entangled Teen. Lover of coffee and flip flops. Represented by John M. Cusick of Greenhouse Literary. 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like it had a lot of potential. I hate meh books they are always so hard to review, but your review was great! I love your new design, btw! It's very cute.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I know it IS hard to make the review. But I'm glad I had the chance to read it :)

      Delete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!