December 4, 2013

Book Review: Chosen at Nightfall by C.C Hunter

Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls #5) by C.C Hunter (3 Stars)






Blurb from Goodreads:


Kylie Galen's life hasn't been the same since her world was turned upside-down in Born at Midnight, Shadow Falls #1, and now an epic conclusion to her journey—not to mention a tough choice between two guys!—is brewing in Chosen at Nightfall:

When Kylie Galen left Shadow Falls, she thought it was the hardest decision of her life. Heartbroken and separated from everyone she loves, she has to embrace her abilities and what it means to be a chameleon. But as Kylie's journey comes to a close, she must return to the camp that started it all...and she must finally chose between the two boys who love her. The werewolf who broke her heart when he chose his pack over her, and the half-fae who ran from their intense attraction before they ever really had a chance. For Kylie, everything will finally be revealed and nothing will ever be the same.

MY OPINION:

I've read this book weeks ago. So I'm not sure if this will be coherent.

After spending time with her fellow chameleons, Kylie finds herself back in Shadow Falls after a certain encounter with her enemies. Being back in Shadow Falls doesn't only resolve her issue of safety but also helps her regain life. Her "normal" life that is.

Honestly. I wasn't expecting much, after reading the book before this. I was completely horrified. I almost tore my hair out because of frustrating the book was. So of course, I was pretty disappointed because I did like the series so much, so I ended up having such a low expectation for Chosen at Nightfall. But I'm glad that it proved me wrong.

Its not super awesome. Just that it relieved me that at least the book was good. Not great but good. Everything was a bit low key at first nothing big happened not until in the middle of the book. It had the climax that I could consider good. Though I did expect a lot of things that did happen. I was okay with it. I don't think I really can say much about how it progressed though, because for me, it was all meh. I do like some development with the characters.

I think I already expected the thing about Lucas. If you haven't read the first of the series, don't read this review because I am bound to tell some spoilers. From the start of the book I could already see from a mile away who Kylie would choose. It doesn't take a very smart brain to see that Kylie's just that hooked with Lucas. I didn't really cheer for Derek, neither did I cheer for Lucas. I didn't really love the two of the boys in the story. Sure they were an eye candy and I did like some of the traits that they had but I haven't really had a big reason to like and admire these two. They were just... well... boys.

With Kylie, I could see a development. At the previous book, I really really wanted to jump inside the book to shake some sense in her naive, confused brain to just shut up with her inner monologue and choose what she really wants. It irritated me that she wouldn't make up who she wanted, and the longer it took, the more pissed I became. Here, I admit that I appreciate the sudden change in her character. She went to hate-a-ble (Is that even a word? Hateable?) to sensible in just a snap. Though that sudden character change is a bit weird, I still prefer the change compared to her previous mindset.

I love that there was a lot of progressed with all the other characters. Finally Holiday and Burnett ended up together. Though their old (though not that old ;)) I loved seeing how they fight like a cute couple. I love that Della is getting out of her shell (SHE'S GONNA HAVE HER OWN BOOK. I WILL READ TAHT!) everything is getting better.

Which kinda makes it mediocre. I do not think its bad that everybody will be having a happy ending. But isn't that a bit cliche? But that's just me.

ENDING NOTE:

Overall, I was a bit sad that its the end. The ending was meh, good, meh, good.... I can't choose which is stronger. I don't regret reading the series though. It was memorable in its own feat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!