November 10, 2013

Mini-Review: The Summoning by Kelly Armstrong

The Summoning by Kelly Armstrong (2 Stars)





Blurb from Goodreads:

My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.

All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost - and the ghost saw me.

Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? it's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House...before its skeletons come back to haunt me.


MY OPINION:

Maybe because I've been reading a lot of fantasy novels. I don't really think I like this. This review will be short and quick.

One day. She's just an ordinary girl in an art school. But then she saw something and she's suddenly trasferred in a group home. Where she only gets an idea of what's happening to her life.

First of all. I think this is mediocre and probably stereotypical. I know that I've been reading a lot of fantasy novels lately, but somehow I am not at all impressed with this book. Don't get me wrong. I am always the fanatic of fantasy/paranormal novels out there. But this just... ugh... I'm still out of sorts when it comes to describing how I didn't really like this book. Here's my most strongest thoughts in bullets.

  • I have probably guessed a lot of what's going to happen next. And yes, my guesses was right. Painfully predictable.
  • No chemistry whatsoever with the Chloe and... whoever she's supposed to be paired with.
  • I kinda remember a lot of books that have these kinds of situations.
  • Tired of the same old same old.
Well, those are my main reasons. I'm sure I won't be able to write a decent review for this book, because I'm just not feeling it. I don't hate the book. But... it just lacked originality or it didn't really took my interest. But I will read the sequel. I'm curious as to how this will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!