November 26, 2013

Book Review: The Edge of Always by J.A Redmerski

The Edge of Always by J.A Redmerski (4.5 Stars)






Blurb from Goodreads:

He was taking the long road. She was taking the road to nowhere. It just so happened that they led to the same place…

When everything falls apart, love remains . . .

THE EDGE OF ALWAYS

Camryn Bennett has never been happier. Five months after meeting on a Greyhound bus, she and her soul mate Andrew Parrish are engaged—and a wedding isn’t the only special event in their future. Nervous but excited, Camryn can’t wait to begin the rest of her life with Andrew – a man she knows in her heart will love her always. They have so much to look forward to—until tragedy blindsides them.

Andrew doesn’t understand how this could happen to them. He’s trying to move on, and thought Camryn was doing the same. But when Andrew discovers Camryn is secretly harboring a mountain of pain and attempting to numb it in damaging ways, there is nothing he won’t do to bring her back to life. Determined to prove that their love can survive anything, Andrew decides to take Camryn on a new journey filled with hope and passion. If only he can convince her to come along for the ride…


MY OPINION

Ms J.A just gave me more reasons to love Andrew more <3

I admit that the sequel to the book is definitely not as emotional as the prequel of it, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a good book. Its just as heartbreaking as the first one, but this one's more toned down.

I didn't have an idea how the book would start at first. I was twidling my thumbs for a long time because at the start everything felt...normal. And Cam and Andrew was never really in the norm.

Let me say this. Ms. J.A, why? I was quite devastated when: (SPOILER!!)

Ohmigaaahd Lucy died. OHMIGAHD THAT HURT

In all fairness, I'm not angry that it happened. But I was shocked that it happened. I wasn't as sad or devastated when it happened compared to what happened to Andrew. But that doesn't mean it didn't have a big effect on me. Since it happened, I saw how much it both affected Andrew and Cam. This is part of the reason why I appreciated both of them more.

Tired of living in the normal life Andrew and Cam once again go in a trip, like before it was only them and the car. While reading this book, I saw that it was different from the prequel. Both books are great, but TEoA attacks in a different manner compared to TEoN. Whilst TEoN was an adventure, I could think of TEoA as walk down memory lane, I suddenly remembered everything that Cam and Andrew experienced in the prequel. Now its a bit different take because of what they've already experienced.

In my opinion, its easier to read TEoA because it makes you remember everything that happened before, it was heartwarming to see Cam and Andrew grow stronger that they already are. To see how much they love each other, and how they helped each other in their most strongest ordeal. Basically, I don't think you would appreciate TEoA without reading the prequel first. Because this book was just made sweeter because it confirmed a happy ending for both of the characters.

Andrew was admirable here.Yes, he was admirable before, but he's just a dose of sweetness here. Sure he's still intense but I got to see the most softest side in him. Plus, I saw how much of a good partner he was for Camryn. Everything he did here was sweet. Camryn is still Camryn. I don't think there's any new things I've learned from her. But know I got to see just how strong Camryn is.

"Everything here is much sweeter, much softer. Much more in love."- Jules

WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

It was the PERFECT ENDING FOR AN AMAZING NOVEL. I love every single moment of it, and I am glad to have seen Cam and Andrew's story. Thank you Ms. J.A Redmerski for making such a wonderful story. Inspirational. Touching. Raw. True. The Edge of Always and The Edge of Never is a one of a kind book that must be read.

* * *
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

J.A. Redmerski, New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of THE EDGE OF NEVER lives in North Little Rock, Arkansas with her three children and a Maltese. She is a lover of television and books that push boundaries and is a huge fan of AMC’s The Walking Dead

CONNECT WITH HER:

Website | Twitter | Email: JRedmerski {AT} Yahoo {DOT} com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!