October 28, 2013

Mini-Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (4.5 Stars)






Blurb from the book:

You wake up with no memory of the last few days.

Your friends were killed in an accident that you miraculously survived.

Your family has to move to another state to escape the fallout.

You meet a mysterious boy who seems to know more about your past than you do.

You start seeing things that can't possible be there.

You are afraid of losing your mind.

Can you keep it together? Mara Dyer is about to find out.

WARNING: DO NOT READ AT NIGHT, OR WITHOUT ANY LIGHTS ON. ALSO, SEIZURES BECAUSE OF NOAH SHAW'S HOTNESS MIGHT OCCUR BETWEEN PAGES 200 TO 265 MIGHT HAPPEN.

MY OPINION:

Uhmmm... wow. I... I don't how to...

I'm a bit blank right now as to how I could describe reading this book. 

But here is my short thought :)

First of all, I love how eerie and mysterious the book is. I was warned to not read the book without any lights on. Honestly, I couldn't even read it at night because I was really creeped out. It isn't exactly scary per se. But the way Hodkin wrote the scenes makes it feel realistic. I had goosebumps while reading it, and I had to stop reading a few times so I won't get too creeped out to read it.

I love how it was written, the plot, the pacing, writing style. EVERYTHING about it is so good. I'm not saying that its perfect. I'm saying that it was well put together that it made me feel like its perfect. The characters were also lovely. I love how well put together the characters were. It wasn't too exaggerated nor were they bland to a reader's mind. Mara was well written, I love everything about her, though I'm not sure what proper description I could give about her. Noah was ohmigawed Noah. I love him, he's like another version of Daemon Black, but still different yet still hot XD. One flaw about him though is his description in the book. I don't really think he knows everything about Mara. Just a few details about her past, 'tis all.

Overall the book was awesome. I looooove it. When the words "End of Volume One" came, I started screaming... so yeah... I'm definitely excited to read the sequel :3

 * * *

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:


At the age of sixteen, Michelle Hodkin lost the rights to her soul in a poker game with pirates just south of Natchez. Shortly thereafter, she joined an acting troupe and traveled the world performing feats of wonder and mischief. She has been seen on stages nationwide and earned rave reviews for her one woman performance of Titus Andronicus before writing the New York Times bestselling Mara Dyer Trilogy. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and its sequel, The Evolution of Mara Dyer are available now, and the third book in the trilogy, The Retribution of Mara Dyer, hits shelves in 2014.

CONNECT WITH HER:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Tumblr

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you loved this book too! I adore this series and OMG Noah. Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, is it a review? I feel like all I really did was rant. :) But thank you anyway Tess. I love Noah, he's be on the top of my book boyfriends :>

      Delete
  2. YAY! I'm so glad you loved it. The sequel will break you though. I suggest reading it closer to the the last book's release date. It will ease the pain.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!