June 4, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Teaser Tuesday #2



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


So, I've already read Onyx last year, but I had the sudden urge to read it again because I suddenly missed my favorite book boyfriend Daemon <3. So I reread it and this is my teaser :D






Blurb from Goodreads:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


MY TEASER:

"Cookie?" he offered, holding a cookie full of chocolate chips.
Upset tummy or not, there was no way I could refuse that. "Sure."
His lips tipped up one side and he leaned toward me, his mouth inches from mine. "Come and get it."
Come and get...? Daemon placed half the cookie between those full, totally kissable lips.
Oh, holy alien babies everywhere...”

So yeah. I had a mini-heart attack then <3 *sighs* good times, good times

Well, how about you? What's your teaser?

10 comments:

  1. Great teaser....I may have to steal that "oh holy alien babies everywehre" line....lol

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that book! I've got Opal just waiting on my shelf, begging to be read...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeek! You should definitely read it!!!! I can't wait for Origin, after reading Opal, I felt like the world crashed around me XD

      Delete
  3. This sounds pretty good! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teaser! Just finished Obsidian myself:)

    My TT:
    http://www.evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you'll enjoy Onyx! :D Thanks Eveline

      Delete
  5. I absolutely adore Onyx!

    http://vampireandotherparanormalthingsqueen.blogspot.com/2013/06/teaser-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know Sarah! Gladly you're not the only one ;3

      Delete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!