May 26, 2013

Mini Review: The Elite by Kiera Cass

The Elite by Kiera Cass (4 Stars)







Blurb from GoodreadsThe hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Iléa.
America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.
Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

MY OPINION:

This was an amazing roller coaster ride. So I give a big WOOHOOOOOOOO to Kiera Cass.

And then there were six. Its getting nearer, America can feel the tension of the Selection starting to shake her. That's stressful enough, now she has to choose between Maxon and Aspen. But its getting harder to choose, its like a game of pull the rope.

That my friend is the most simplest but best plot description description. Back in The Selection, I was enjoying it because of how good the flow of the story was, it felt like the excitement level never really fell down, it just kept going up. But unlike this one, it was a roller coaster, twisting and spinning in all different directions. I am relieved that I didn't had the need to reread the first book. The Elite, picks up where The Selection left off. So I didn't have any problems starting this.

But I am confused most of time while reading this, especially because there were so many twists and turns to the story. There were moments where I love Maxon soooooooo much because he's so kind, sweet. He's so tentative he understands what America needs, how America misses her family and many many other things. But at the same time, I felt like Maxon was an enigma, he shows up, (bigtime moments, might I add) then he's just gone. Same goes for America, I don't hate her for always changing her mind, (If I were her, I would do the same) situation after situation, she finds herself getting very torn between Maxon and Aspen. But in the end, I finally understood everything. The sudden changes, the twists and turns in the story. And it turned out, that The Elite, though frustrating is still an awesome book.

* * *
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Check these links for her description: 

CONNECT WITH HER:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!