April 18, 2013

Mini-Review: Crash by Nicole Williams

Crash by Nicole Williams (5 Stars) 


(Speechless)

Blurb from Goodreads: Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents. Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now. 
Jude's everything she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find out, is the only thing she's incapable of.

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart.



MY OPINION:

Jude. Mygawed. Jude, if you were real~~!! >.<

Ohmigoodness, Crash! I knew that this book was good. But oh boy, I never thought that it would be this good. To the point that I had my eyes, open till 3:00 am in the morning, (not complaining though)

Crash in my observation is almost like Slammed, (in terms of the emotional stuff), minus Jude's attitude problem. Crash is like some contemporary-romance novel, about meeting the really "bad guy" of the school. But despite the already simple plot, I was really intrigued by how many of my goodreads friends responded to this. Damned if I didn't know that I would love this book so much!

The plot is simple, I admit but there is definitely something special because of how cute the style of writing was, the other technicalities, like pacing, climax and ending of the book are an absolute okay to me too. But what made this book awesome were the characters.

I love Jude Ryder! Sure he's got a bit of baggage and other stuff, but I still love him. I love him for being blatantly possessive of Luce, I love him because of how he isn't afraid of everybody else's opinions but Lucy's. I love it that he has this affectionate and vulnerable side to him. Sure he's the type of guy that I usually  swoon for, but something is different about Jude Ryder. As for Luce, I have this love-hate relationship with him, but I don't hate her, but I just don't like her all the time.

Even though I can't write a bit more about it, since of the length of time since I last read this. I can say that reading Crash is perfect for someone who like me is a hopeless romantic, it made me giggle, squirm, squeal, and laugh. Made me have butterflies in the stomach and many more, I absolutely loved how the story progressed, how they came to love each other, how they SHOW their love for each other. I love everything about it.

As for the other characters, I think they add as a good combination to the other characters. (Sadly, I don't remember some of their names, since I read this already a few days ago.)

WHY WOULD I RECOMMEND IT?

Overall, I had a great time reading this, although this review is short, I hope that you would not be missing out a book like such as this.

* * *
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write young adult because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings. Here's to staying young at heart *raises champagne glass* . . . care to join me?

CONNECT WITH HER:

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Email: nwilliamsbooks@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I have this, I just need to read it! I loved Slammed so when you compare it to that it makes me want to read it more. Plus, for a book to keep you up so late to finish, it must be good. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth the eyebags and lack sleep Rachel. :D

      Delete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!