April 14, 2013

Mini-Review: Because of Low by Abbi Glines

Because of Low by Abbi Glines (5 Stars)

Marcus... MY DARLING~~!!

Blurb from Goodreads: Marcus Hardy had hoped to enjoy a year away at college while he put the summer he’d rather forget behind him. But instead, he’s jerked right back to the coastal town of Sea Breeze, Alabama due to a family crisis. His dear ol' dad found himself a girlfriend only a few years older than Marcus. So now his sister needs help dealing with their mother who is mentally falling apart. The only bright spot to returning is the fascinating red head who sleeps over several times a week. The problem is she's sleeping in bed with his new roommate, Cage York.

Willow “Low” Foster needs a place to live. Running to Cage’s apartment every time her sister kicks her out isn’t exactly a long term solution. Juggling her courses at the local community college and a part time job doesn’t produce excess income. But Cage has a new roommate and suddenly sleeping over at her best friend’s apartment isn’t such a bad thing. Not when she gets to see those sexy green eyes of Marcus Hardy’s twinkle when he smiles at her like he wants her there.
Even though Cage seems a little territorial where Low is concerned, Marcus finds time to spend with Low without upsetting his roommate. Cage may use his small college baseball star persona to sleep with every hot female in his path but he’s still under the disillusion that when he’s through sowing his wild oats, he’s going to marry Low. Marcus intends to change that assumption for both Cage and Low. Until his carefully laid plans come crashing down with a revelation he never expected. He’ll have to choose between Low or his family. Because once the truth comes out.... there’s no other choice.

MY OPINION:

I love love love this book. Honestly, I enjoyed reading the first book which is about Sadie and the famous rock star Jax Stone. In all fairness that was a simple, cute chick lit book that made me squirm with the butterflies it gave me. But nothing would compare to Marcus' story.

What I really love about this book is how the story felt real, I've grown used to books that's about the usual stuff, (I think you already get what I mean). Reading Because of Low is super entertaining because its like a roller coaster ride. I got to experience the ups and downs that's been happening in the story. I had to admit that sometimes it get irritating, but the pain was worth it.

I really really love Marcus. I've been crushing on him since the first book, but reading this book made me love him more. He's kinda everything that I find very attractive in a guy. Hot, funny and damn sensitive. He has one of those 'douchey, territorial kinda like dogs' moment but I still loved him. Low (Willow for clarification) is one of those kind of girls that I just admire. She's the type of girl that knows that she has a brain and uses it wisely. I guess other than the main characters. What made the book really special than other books would be how the story progressed, sure its a bit irritating at times since there's a uniquely crafted timing (Maybe that's just one thing I hated about it) but overall, I loved reading it.

WHY WOULD I RECOMMEND IT?

For fellow hopeless romantics out there, this would definitely something that is worth reading. Its dramatic, realistic and butterfly inducing. For the other types of readers out there, this book might not be your cup of tea. But rest assured that it would be satisfying in the end.


* * *
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Books published by Abbi Glines include The Vincent Boys and the USA TODAY bestseller The Vincent Brothers, Breathe, Because of Low, the USA TODAY bestsellers While It Lasts and Just For Now, The Existence Trilogy that includes the USA Today Bestseller Ceaseless, andThe New York Times bestseller and Wall Street Journal bestseller Fallen Too Far. Currently she is working on Never Too Far, the sequel to Fallen too Far.

When Abbi isn’t locked away in her office typing away she is hauling her kids to and from their many social activities. You could say her second job is the Glines Kids personal chauffeur. It’s a rather illustrious job.
CONNECT WITH HER:


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!