April 4, 2013

Book Review: The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines (5 Stars)


One of the most best stories about love triangles ever. :D

Blurb from Goodreads: Ashton is getting tired of being good, of impressing her parents and playing ideal girlfriend to Sawyer Vincent. Sawyer is perfect, a regular Prince Charming, but when he leaves town for the summer, it’s his cousin Beau who catches Ashton’s eye. Beau is the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, and even though he’s dangerous, Ashton is drawn to him.
Beau loves his cousin like a brother, so the last thing he wants to do is make a move on Sawyer’s girl. Ashton is off-limits, absolutely. That’s why he does his best to keep his distance, even though he’s been in love with her forever. When Ashton wants to rekindle their childhood friendship in Sawyer’s absence, Beau knows he should say no.
Ashton and Beau don’t want to hurt Sawyer. But the more they try to stay away from each other, the more intense their urges become. It’s getting way too hard to resist....

MY OPINION:

 I've admitted that reading this was a big surprise because I didn't know that it was this good. When I first started reading it, I thought it was a typical love story problem in the love triangle, but this book is waaaay deeper than I thought.

The plot of The Vincent Boys isn't really original, it was basically has similar plots between a story about love triangles, what made this book much more enjoyable, would be the way the story progressed, Abbi Glines did a good job making the book not just a sweet, swoon-worthy novel, but it can also be inspirational novel for these kind of situations in real life.

What I liked about this book would be many. And I am actually having a hard time, being specific about it. Simply put, I loved almost everything about it, it made me laugh, it was emotional without being over dramatic, and it was creatively written. I loved that it was absolutely chick lit, but it also has a bit of drama in it. I loved that it proved me wrong, it isn't just a novel about a love triangle.

I pretty much love all of the characters. I adore Grana because she is such a cool grandma, I appreciate how they made Sawyer as "the good guy", Kayla surprised me 'cuz she's one awesome friend that was totally unexpected and Leann is such a good bestfriend to Ash. I simply adore these characters.

Ashton is a dearie, I was so happy when she finally realized what she really wants, I love her because she was smart and how she thought things through. She's brave enough to accept the result of her actions, and she's selfless(in a good way), always thinking of how she could hurt all of the people that she loves. I just love her. Period.

Beau is also wow. Talk about dedication and REAL love. He's like everything I like in a guy. Besides the hot  rugged looks. He's also sensitive, witty, pervy (in a funny way :D), and protective. I loved him a lot because of how he loves Ash, from the inside out. He loves the bad Ash and the Good Ash. He openly said that he would never leave her. (*butterlies XD). *dreamy sigh* Simply put I just love him.

Other than the characters, I am absolutely floored with how the story progressed. Its easy to say it strengthened my belief in love. I love how the conflict was solved, it was near to a happy ever after and lastly  this is a great novel for friendship and love <3

WHY WOULD I RECOMMEND IT?

A perfect chick lit novel. Sure to make you laugh. Light and deep at the same time and sure to make your heart beat just a little bit faster :)

* * *
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Books published by Abbi Glines include The Vincent Boys and the USA TODAY bestseller The Vincent Brothers, Breathe, Because of Low, the USA TODAY bestsellers While It Lasts and Just For Now, The Existence Trilogy that includes the USA Today Bestseller Ceaseless, andThe New York Times bestseller and Wall Street Journal bestseller Fallen Too Far. Currently she is working on Never Too Far, the sequel to Fallen too Far.

When Abbi isn’t locked away in her office typing away she is hauling her kids to and from their many social activities. You could say her second job is the Glines Kids personal chauffeur. It’s a rather illustrious job.
CONNECT WITH HER:


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. Excellent job. You've convinced me to read it. I was on the fence with this one for a while. Like you said it's so much more than a love triangle. I'll most likely love this one as much as I loved Glines' "Fallen Too Far" and "Never Too Far".

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like your review! This book sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!