April 22, 2013

Book Review: The Edge of Never by J.A Redmerski

The Edge of Never by J.A Redmerski (5 Stars)

Fun-Freaking-Tastic!

Blurb from Goodreads--The New York Times, USA Today, and Wallstreet Journal bestselling blockbuster--
Sometimes life takes you off course . . .
THE EDGE OF NEVER
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone-including herself-when she decides to leave the only life she's ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.
Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together-or destroy them forever?


MY OPINION

Its so freaking good, it brought me to tears.

Camryn's life is getting worse, her brother's in jail, her best friend just assumed that she's a cheating beeyach, and then there's Ian. Deciding that she needed a break from everything, she went on a road trip to nowhere, and then on the way there, she met Andrew. Together they travel, never knowing that they would still be together till the end.

This book took me by surprise, I never thought that another book (Besides Slammed and Point of Retreat) would be able to make me cry. I cried, well... more specifically I sobbed in the middle of the night. Damn, J.A you are awesome! :D

I've always had an eye out for this. I've been hearing good things about it, I've had my friends recommending it to me, saying that it was an awesome read. But reading it myself, I can proudly say that this will be an all time fave no doubt.

The Edge of Never is a simple story of girl, that happened to be in a road trip and ending up with the love of her life. I'm not all that impressed with the plot, but the very adorable and creative writing makes up for it. I found myself smiling in between Cam and Andrew's banters and having those 'awwww' moments whenever it gets a bit emotional. I never had a boring moment with it, the pacing is just perfect for my taste.

I had to admit that I was skeptical with the story. Who would fall in love with a stranger that you met in the bus? That seemed unrealistic to me. But while I started to read it more. I (gladly) found out that they don't just fall in love with each other. They formed this kind of friendship. I really appreciated that, because it made me like them both better. I kinda know where the story's leading into to. But while I'm reading it, I never found anything, ANYTHING that I could hate about this book.

Camryn turned out being a much more adorable character, I very much adore her for being quirky and different. She's got sass without being bitchy, neither is she an ignorant, vulnerable girl like most heroines. Cam has a brain, she's a deep thinker and someone that talks with reason. And she has that natural nature for wanderlust. She loves the adventure, and she has a different mindset about living her life.

Andrew is almost the same as Cam, but all a bit different. Andrew's the same as Cam because he's also a deep thinker, they both have different opinions about everything, they both have problems that can be somewhat similar. Most of all, I think what made me really like Andrew would be how mischievous he is. :) He's a natural playboy yet you can't see any boastful attitude in him. Its as if he's impervious to his good looks.

What made me love these two more than I already do, would be how they became a couple. Unlike most love stories. They were obviously friend before it all. The attraction was definitely there, but I appreciated the fact that they didn't base the relationship based on that attraction. I loved how they were a couple, never had those petty fights where they don't talk for a whole week just because of a misunderstanding. They had this deep understanding for each other, it was the sweetest thing that I appreciate about them.

But of course it doesn't end there. Besides the already said conflict, the MAJOR PLOT TWIST almost made my heart stop. WHY? What I discovered literally threw me off the loop, I never expected any of when I started reading it. On those last moments, I ended up crying, sobbing, praying the J.A won't break my heart at the end of the book. Ms J.A literally, (if you're ever reading this) those tears that I spent, are evidence of how awesome of a writer you are! It definitely is something to expect, and something that may almost break your heart as much as it did mine.

WHY WOULD I RECOMMEND IT?

It was an emotional, and musical ride. I loved how I laughed, smiled, then cried over it. The characters will sure make you remember them. It has an awesome love story that beautifully blossomed out of friendship and a love that's filled with deep understanding for each other.

* * *
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

J.A. Redmerski, New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of THE EDGE OF NEVER lives in North Little Rock, Arkansas with her three children and a Maltese. She is a lover of television and books that push boundaries and is a huge fan of AMC’s The Walking Dead

CONNECT WITH HER:

Website | Twitter | Email: JRedmerski {AT} Yahoo {DOT} com

6 comments:

  1. I loved The Edge of Never too!And I cannot wait for The Edge of Always!
    Nicely reviewed,Jules. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nuz! Me too, I wonder what J.A got in store for the next book, I really can't wait :DD

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful review! (Yes, I read it!) Thank you so much for those compliments - I'm blushing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know how honored I am that you read the review. As for the compliments, you pretty much deserve it J.A. :D, Can't wait for The Edge of Always

      Delete
  3. I have this book and I have heard nothing but good things. I will make time for it soon!


    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely, Its a great read Tess. Thanks for commenting. :D

      Delete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!