April 30, 2013

Book Review: Crush by Nicole Williams

Crush by Nicole Williams (4.5 Stars)

I never thought my heart could stop. Literally.
Blurb from Goodreads: Football glory. A giant diamond. A wandering eye.
Jude and Lucy are happily engaged . . . but that doesn't mean life's a bed of roses.
Once again, Jude and Lucy are torn apart by football training and a summer job that creates new tensions. This time Jude's the one with trust issues. Will Lucy's life-changing news bring them back together or end their relationship for good? Can love triumph forever?

MY OPINION:


Wow... how am I supposed to live now?  XD

They're engaged, Lucy couldn't be any happier, she's with the love of her life, her studies are going well, the drama from her family's over. But then, life isn't perfect. Jude left, got drafted to play at San Diego. While Lucy chose to stay. She and Jude were working things out. Everything was going to be fine. But then drama came with Lucy's boss. This time, it might be a little more serious.

Wow... its very bittersweet to finally finish the Crash series. It was only this month did I fall in love with Jude Ryder and Lucy Larson. And now I finally see the end of one exciting and heart-stopping series. Crush was simply amazing. It was worth having another set of big eyebags, it was worth having lack of sleep. Because I wished for a happy ending, and it happened.

The continuation for Clash was awesome. It kinda picked up where it left off. Three years later Lucy is still engaged to Jude, but Jude's getting antsy and he really wants to be with her, but with him being drafted, Jude moved to San Diego to train. Lucy decided that she will stay to finish her studies and to have a summer job. Even though she misses him, she knows she made a good decision, but she's starting to get anxious. Because Jude's changing, and she doesn't know if its permanent or just for now.

Crush from my point of view, somewhat changed, its more of a NA novel than YA novel now. But I didn't mind it much. Frankly, I like this much better than I did Clash, because on a happy note. Drama here in Crush was much more tamer than in Clash and Crash. It still has that kind of emotional charm that made me love it so much. But otherwise, it was just a bit calmer than before. AAAAND there are no more big fights on this one. :D

Lucy really changed for the better here. Before she was very very jealous of those girls who tend to be hotter and has the hots for Jude (That was an irritating trait from her back at Clash) but now, I admire her for being Jude's calmer. She's much more mature now that's for sure. She doesn't let Jude's emotion get to her, she just tries to understand him, and how protective and territorial he is. Even though Jude's unreasonable at times, Lucy was there, she never tried to really run away unlike before.

     "Because I will not, for another second, let you try to put down what Jude ad I have. You don't understand us. That's fine...... But I can't be your friend if you keep saying these things."

Jude, is still one of those lovable but sometimes very annoying type of guys. Yet despite his very weird reasons, the only reason he does those things would be because of his love for Lucy. I love how protective and territorial he is when it comes to Luce, it was actually kind of cute of him to do those things, though honestly its really irritating at times, because he acts like a lion, and he really marks his territory. Then he did what he did. Honestly, when I read those lines, I felt like my heart stopped. Literally, I had to stop reading for  minute to try and breathe because of the shock of what Jude said to Lucy, at that moment, that very brief moment. I hated Jude. But despite how territorial and sometimes unreasonable he is, I still love him. Just because of how devoted and true he is with Luce even though at times he can be the most annoying person in the earth.

Overall the ending for the Crash series was simple, yet at the same time a perfect ending for both Luce and Jude. To Nicole Williams, you are an awesome author, I thank you for creating these lovely characters. The Crash Series will be unforgettable. :D

WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

It was simply a perfect ending for a perfect, emotional and heart-felt series. I will never forget Jude and Luce's story. I hope you'd find the Crash Series as lovely as I did. :D

* * *
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write young adult because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings. Here's to staying young at heart *raises champagne glass* . . . care to join me?

CONNECT WITH HER:

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Email: nwilliamsbooks@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!