March 29, 2013

Book Review: Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott

Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott (1 Star)

What the hell was that?

Blurb from Goodreads:
Kate Brown's life has gone downhill fast.
Her father has quit his job to sell vitamins at the mall, and Kate is forced to work with him. Her best friend has become popular, and now she acts like Kate's invisible.
And then there's Will. Gorgeous, unattainable Will, whom Kate acts like she can't stand even though she can't stop thinking about him. When Will starts acting interested, Kate hates herself for wanting him when she's sure she's just his latest conquest.
Kate figures that the only way things will ever stop hurting so much is if she keeps to herself and stops caring about anyone or anything. What she doesn't realize is that while life may not always be perfect, good things can happen -- but only if she lets them...

MY OPINION:

I have once again, been fooled by a pretty cover and a persuasive blurp. Its pretty easy to say that I have not enjoyed reading this book. I don't even know why I continued reading it, it was a complete waste of time.

I won’t try and explain what happened, and get on with it. Perfect You proved to me that bratty, selfish, insecure girls should never be considered as heroines at all. I am pissed. So pissed because I don’t understand how Kate could be that bratty and superficial about life.

To start of my rant, I don’t understand why she’s so depressed because her friend left her. I could understand it, if the so called bestfriend actually has a reason to leave her, but no~~! This ”bestfriend” of hers left her for fame. And yet she kept thinking what she’s done to make her bestfriend leave her. Why? I am absolutely pissed off at Kate for being desperate. Her so called bestfriend isn’t even a friend to begin with. She laughs at her, she doesn’t protect her, she prioritizes other girls instead of her. --“

Second thing I’m pretty pissed off is how she kept rambling how her life’s so terrible. Earth to Kate, you’re not the only person having a so called terrible life. I really hate it how she thinks that her life’s miserable because her ex-friend doesn’t talk to her anymore, how she has to work after school to help his dad, how she doesn’t have a life, how she doesn’t have a lovelife to think about. Honestly, those things are so superficial, and I wanted to smack some sense in her. She kept complaining about how her life’s horrible. She doesn’t even think of the people around her. She doesn’t realize that someone, specifically her parents, are having a much more harder time that she is.

Other than the “main character” of the story, I was also pissed off with the other characters of the story. One of these would be Kate’s dad. I don’t understand him, at all. He quits his decent job, to sell “Perfect You” vitamins, and even though their having trouble financially, he still wants to keep his business. “Like Father, like daughter” I guess ‘cuz Kate’s father is as stubborn as she is. I’m really confused how he thinks, he loves his family so much, but he couldn’t let go of his dreams to sell “Perfect You” vitamins?!?! That’s just… ugh… another thing that really creeps me out about him is when he smiles when he’s upset. *virtual shiver*. He smiles so wide, when he’s upset or angry. It freaks me out when this happens, and this happens a lot.

Overall, I really don’t like Perfect You at all. Its just so sad, and I don’t see any reason in reading it unless you like sad, depressing stories. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!