March 20, 2013

Book Review: The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley

The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley (4.5 Stars)


Dammit. I never thought this book would made me squirm.


Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years.
Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair.
Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer? Find out in The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window.




MY OPINION:

So, I heard about this book before via my friend, (Ram, I loooooooove you for recommending this for me :D), she told how she was so into the story. Honestly I had doubts reading this 'cuz from the title it has it screams sappy love story. Sorry to say, but I thought it was a story of a guy with the girl he has fallen in love with and is sneaking via the bedroom window to hangout. See, I love romance, I'm a hopeless romantic and I will always love seeing character fall in love with each other, but I hate books that are stupidly romantic and too sappy for my tastes.

Good thing is anything but. :D

Amber isn't like the other girls, one is that she's completely irritated at the two guys, who is her brother, Jake and his brother's friend, Liam. The two "sex gods" as other girls, (aka skanks) call them isn't really part of Amber's interest. Much to her gag reflex, she is completely irritated with the both of them, but at the same time she loves them as much. But sometimes its a little different at night.

Jake can be a "man-whore" and all around jerk in the day. But at night he provides comfort and protection for Amber. He's been doing that since he was ten years old. No one knows, but Amber isn't really affected by it. But that doesn't mean he isn't :)

So first of all let me clear this out. At first I thought it was like that but its not. By sleep, it mean just sleep. JUST SLEEP. No other things are happening, do not let that tidbit stop you from reading and make you think that Amber is slut-ish.

Reading this book made me laugh, a lot. It was so funny and amusing that I was instantly hooked. The plot of the book isn't really that unique, it kinda involves a few things about abuse, and other obvious problems. But the writing style makes up for it. It was really fun reading about it because the writing was candid and true. It was as if you were in the characters mind. Most of all, the characters made the story much more memorable.

I absolutely love Jake, he's the kind of brother I would want to have. He was funny and sometimes a bit pervy but not to point that he's disgusting. I love him a lot for his deep love and protection for Amber. What she experienced really is scaring, and he was always there. I loved him a lot for that, add the fact that he's really hot is a big bonus.

Kate was a good best friend to Amber. Sometimes she has the most weird attitude towards boys. But his usual flirtations with boys are nothing compared to the support she gave to Amber. She's someone true. I love her a lot because she never pretended to be someone else, she's weirdly lovable. Though I am dissapointed, (SPOILER ALERT) because her relationship with Jake didn't progressed the way that I thought. I honestly thought that they would be a couple, but I still love them nonetheless.

Amber, is actually some of the characters that I like. I dunno she didn't really became that memorable to me as much as Liam did. But that doesn't mean that I don't have things I like about her. I like her because she's witty and funny. She cares more for Liam and Jake more than she does for herself. She's the type of character that would you like because she's realistic, fresh and for goodness sake she's isn't naive unlike other heroines.

But Liam on the other hand completely took me to his charms. It maybe that I'm biased because I honestly love Liam than Amber. He's the most memorable for me. His passion, love and devotion is more that just breathtaking, I am in awe of his patience for Amber. I absolutely love him for being Liam. Especially in that moment, I knew he would kill him if it means that Amber would be okay. By then I'm sure he's in my list of book boyfriends. Simply put I love everything about him.

I knew it was soo good, so I was surprised that in confirmation of my other friend's review that there is nothing that spoiled the story. I am amazed that Mosely made it this good.

WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?
This will for sure be in my favorite list, a worth to read and a real page turner :)

* * *

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

My name is Kirsty. I was born in Hertfordshire, England. In 2000, I moved to Norfolk, it was there that I met my husband, Lee. I have always been interested in writing, but after the birth of my son I accidentally came across an amateur writing site. After a couple of months of just reading on there, I finally plucked up the courage and posted one of my stories. I was shocked and overwhelmed by the support of readers on there and they gave me the confidence to get where I am today.

In April 2012, I self-published my first novel ‘The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window’. And in October 2012 I took the plunge again, publishing my second novel, 'Always You.'

CONNECT WITH HER:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!