January 20, 2013

Book Review: Incendiary by Amy Bartol

Incendiary by Amy A. Bartol (4 Stars)


I love. love. love. looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Amy A. Bartol. I loved this series sooo much. Its getting better and better everytime. :D

It was phenomenal because it was fun and the boys there are all hot and because it was the first book that made me love the bad guy so sooooo much. Now. I really really want to have an ARC for the next book. Please!!!!!!

Blurp on Goodreads: Cold, fine drops of rain fall softly on my cheeks as I emerge from the darkness of the ship's interior to the gray, overcast sky of the main deck. Pulling my dark pea coat tighter to my body, the wind lifts red tendrils of my hair. I walk slowly to the railing overlooking the water.
I catch my first sight of the Irish coastline; its craggy landscape makes me shiver in dread. I find it difficult to imagine now how the Gancanagh had made this their home for so long without anyone realizing it. The cold, moss-covered edifices practically scream their presence. As I study the shadows between the falling-down stone, I imagine creeping shapes of undead Faeries grasping the rock, waiting for our ship to draw nearer to their position.
Tipping my face up, I let the rain wash over me. It bathes away the frigid sweat of fear that has broken on my brow. "You don't know how fiercely beautiful you are, do you?" A quiet voice behind me asks, causing me to stiffen and fix my eyes on the rocks along the shoreline.



MY OPINIONS

I read this book ever since the start of the series. I had a fetish with fallen angels then, but out of all the books about angels that I've read. This one really made an impact to me. It really tells a whole different thing about angels. How they were ranked, how they work and how they act as an angel. Its kinda balanced for me. I hate a few about it, but mostly I liked it a lot. A lot lot.

This would be the fourth book in the premonition series. In this part, Evie has escaped from her captor Brennus. She and her gang are still finding a way to kill the undead Gancanagh king. But instead of having to find escape with the Dominion's help. She's stuck with her "real" father and her angel.

It was a very dramatic ride. I'm just glad that it wasn't like soap opera or somethin'. As usual its a bit longer than most books but still I'm glued at reading the book (I swear my eyes hurt by reading it all day long). Even though its long it didn't really bore me, every detail you would want to really take in. Plus there are a lot of cheezy scenes in it.

My opinions from the last book still didn't change. I still love most of the characters here, but warning, there will be a lot of dead people and killing this time. Not really saddening just surprising. More characters popped in too. I don't like any of them, but at the same time, I don't hate them. They were just there. Meh.

Russell is kinda confusing here. I don't hate him for being torn between. Ahem...spoilers. His soulmate and his aspire. But its kinda confusing at first who he really likes. But inthe end you got a pretty good idea who he's really matched with.

Reed is kinda fading from me now. He's still charming and well hot. But him being her aspire, and him fighting for her, and him always having competition for her is getting old. He's sad. Meh. He's lonely without her. Meh. He will fight for her. Meh. All predictable. Don't get me wrong I still love him for Evie. But he's getting predictable now, and that is just a bore.

A new guy comes in. Ugh... Xavier. He's a seraphim angel who HE STATES is Evie's angel. 0.o. Another guy came again and tells that Evie is his (What is it with that girl). He's pretty bossy, and mysterious. Simply put, he's just a creep that really makes my eyebrow rise (Fact: I can't raise an eyebrow). But gosh he's heterochromic! That's sooo hot

Brennus gosh. I still soooooooo love him. Even though he's a complete douchebag here. He's pretty sweet from the last book. That was the main reason why I liked him anyway. But this time he was desperate and borderline insane with his need to have Evie. Yet even if he's scary now and maybe merciless. I still find him attractive. >.<

Now, I just wanted to put this out, 'cuz this has been bugging me since book three. Why does everybody like Evie so much. Let me point out that she already has four guys fighting for her. I can't take it. Why?! Why?!! I still don't understand...

So by now you might be wondering why would I want to give this 4 Stars if it has irritating characters? That's because despite what I don't like about it. I still find myself loving it. It was still amazing. I have a love-hate relationship with this book. Even if the characters are all a bit irritating, I found myself more and more excited to read the next one. I still find all of the characters intriguing with their different personalities. I love the twists and secrets that was revealed. I love everything about it.

WHY WOULD I RECOMMEND IT?

It was very exciting to read. I love how real the characters felt. I don't know how Amy Bartol did this, but she did a good job of making a book longer without making it boring. I loved how the secrets kept on surprising me. And I can't wait for the next novel. If you love action, drama, love and very interesting characters read this... as in now!

* * *

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Amy Bartol

Author of Inescapable: The Premonition Series (Volume 1), Intuition: The Premonition Series (Volume 2), Indebted: The Premonition Series (Volume 3) , and Incendiary: The Premonition Series (Volume 4). Currently working on a fifth novel in the Premonition Series entitled Iniquity.

I live in Michigan with my husband and our two sons. My family is very supportive of my writing. When I’m writing, they often bring me the take-out menu so that I can call and order them dinner. They listen patiently when I talk about my characters like they’re real. They rarely roll their eyes when I tell them I’ll only be a second while I finish writing a chapter…and then they take off their coats. They ask me how the story is going when I surface after living for hours in a world of my own making. They have learned to accept my “writing uniform” consisting of a slightly unflattering pink fleece jacket, t-shirt, and black yoga pants. And they smile at my nerdy bookishness whenever I try to explain urban fantasy to them. In short, they get me, so they are perfect and I am blessed. 

Connect with her

2 comments:

  1. Hi just nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award http://jellybeanarson.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me want to check this series out. Great Blog
    Follow me back at http://sychofaeriesbookobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!