December 7, 2012

Book Review: Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
(4 stars)

Okay, so it has been Daaaaaaaays since I've posted any kind of review. So this one is a bit short.

Blurb on Goodreads : When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado. Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.



MY OPINION:

I really really really, love this!! So much more than the first and last. The reasons? 1. It is way more dreamy and is perfect for girls like me <3, 2. It isn't a mary-sue kind of novel. (I appreciate that very much), 3. Carlos is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dang sexy and hot XD.

After telling Alex's story with Britanny, Simone Elkeles now tells the story of Carlos, Alex's younger brother. Carlos, a very tough and all out 'bad guy' is moving to Colorado where his brother Alex lives. He hates it in Colorado. The first step that he steps into the place, he hates it already. Then comes Kiara, a hiker, and part of a very civilized family. She steps in as a guide for Carlos in the school. But with Carlos' smartass comments, she finds herself instantly irritated by him, yet attracted to him as well.

AAAAAAAHHHHH!! As much as I want to write a very long review ('cuz the novel was so freaking amazing!!) I have lost a few brain cells today ;(

Back to the review, as much as I really liked "Perfect Chemistry", I loved this much much more. Its still the same writing from the first and well, still a bit of the "bad guy meets good girl" theme to it, but I found myself more drawn and in love with this one :D.

I loved it 'cuz, it kinda gives you hope or the fantasy that someone "like" Carlos can be attracted to Kiara who was a simple girl (and not really one of the 'pretty ones'). I love to see that kind of fantasy come to life :D

Carlos is just HOT, HOT HOT!! It's not too obvious that I really like him, as usual I've fallen for "the bad boy" and he's just in between bad boy and THE ONE, seriously I am really wishing that someone in the world is like Carlos.

Kiara, if she ever is real. (WOW >.<) she would be a challenge to any kind of guy. That's what I admire about her, she's not the type of girl that swoons HARD. She isn't clingy and she knows what she deserves. Which made me respect her so much.

I loved their bickering and cute little arguments. Especially since Carlos has one of the most sarcastic humors ever. It had me laughing, smiling, smirking and made different kind of weird faces to me :D

WHY WOULD I RECOMMEND IT?
Its definitely chick-lit, perfect for hopeless romantics and uhmmmmmmm...... PLEASE READ IT!! It's just awesome 'kay XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!