December 22, 2012

Book Review: Rapture by Lauren Kate

Rapture by Lauren Kate (5 Stars)

 

 “EXCITING, UNIMAGINABLE, AND UTTERLY ASTONISHING. RAPTURE IS A PERFECT ENDING FROM MY FIRST LOVE”

The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.





MY OPINION:
It has been days, weeks, heck months since I finished reading this, after I finished it I vowed to myself that I made a review and that day has finally come.

I’m gonna skip the detailed description of what happened since the beginning of the series. Basically “Rapture” is the last installment of the Fallen series. Ever since, Luce has always been drawn to Daniel Grigori, and she found out that she ALWAYS falls in love with him. But its different now, because not only is she being hunted down by everyone. She’s slowly finding out the reason behind her tragic love story.

I’ve been reading the Fallen series since the beginning of time (when I first started obsessing over books), it has been the first book I wanted to buy. I first saw it in the library, and after reading the first five chapters. I decided that I had to buy it. It was my first love. It made reading much more than leisure time. I had to admit that I was a bit bummed out when reading the first two books(but I still love them), they kinda fell short from my expectations. “Passion” however was awesome, I learned a lot about Luce and Daniel’s story. It showed more about how their relationship isn’t just a soulmate-thing relationship. So yeah, you could guess how thrilled I am when I got Rapture.

I decided to-slow-read it, ‘cuz I want to savor reading it. But I couldn’t find myself to stop even for a second. It completely took over my body. I always held the book everywhere. Always reading it. Not wasting time because all of the SECRETS and REVELATIONS are being exposed now. Lauren Kate did a good job of building excitement and surprises in my opinion. Rapture is the best out of all the books in the series.

The plot was much more in detail and organized, which consisted mostly of Luce being in different places in just a span of 7 days. Which made me wonder if Lauren Kate ever visited the places that she talked about. The pacing was good, but the action scenes aren't that stellar.

The characters were still the same, but there are extra characters who popped up. Even Bill came up. Shocker is, some of the characters died. *gasp* I kinda felt bad when they died. Not that bad, but its sad to see friends dying.

Daniel was a little low key here. I wasn’t amazed by him at all. I don’t think he did much until near the ending. He mostly just held Luce, protected Luce, and had bonding with Luce. -.-

Cam was still the same, but by now I’m pretty sure of his feelings for Luce. I kinda like Cam here more than Daniel. Maybe because I can see Cam's intentions more clearer than Daniel's. Either way. I still felt like Cam is in action on this one.

Luce is a whole other story. She’s constantly the solution for the problem. Kinda showing off but at least she isn’t too dependent on Daniel now. I was a bit worried how she will react with people trying to get her. But at least she didn't act like a pathetic damsel in distress. She even seemed more cooler now than before.

But what really made me love this book was the twists and the surprises that happened. I will not be detailed ‘cuz I’ll just end up like a spoiler. But goodness, I loved the twist! It made me shriek(in midmorning) just because I kinda felt like HE was THE one. And I was right! ^^

Moreover the BIG SECRET was revealed, and I also found that equally surprising and satisfying. Because it made it much more real and controversial. It kinda prove me wrong about INSTA-LOVE, and because of that, it became more awesomer(<- this is not really a word)

WHY WOULD I RECOMMEND IT?:

It was exciting, unimaginable and astonishing. I love love love it because it showed “true love” not just insta-love. It made me squeal with happiness, and giddy feelings. It surprised me. A lot. For all of those who swore that Fallen isn’t a good series. I think that Rapture might prove you wrong. For those who haven’t read the Fallen series. Don’t let other bad reviews stop you from reading it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!