August 19, 2012

Book Review: Indebted(Premonition #3) by Amy Bartol

Indebted (Premonition #3) by Amy Bartol
(4.5 Stars)

I hang my head in sorrow for just a moment when I know I am truly alone. I feel like I’m going to my execution, just as he had said. Then I move forward again. I hop a fence of fieldstone and cross a field dotted with Queen Anne’s lace. Goose bumps rise on my arms as I pass the cluster of windmills that I have seen in a dream. The scent is sweet in the field though, not the scent of heat, like it had been when it was forced upon me in visions. I gaze down the hill, beyond the small, whitewashed house that I knew would be there. The church looms dark and grim with its rough-hewn, timber fa├žade, capped by tall, oblong spires reaching to the sky. Black, ominous clouds have collected above the roofline, as if Heaven is showing me the way.
Being torn between the Angel and the Faerie

FIRST THOUGHTS: Finally!!!! *looks at the screen* I have waited for so long.........
AFTER THOUGHTS: Amy Bartol... you are evil... and good... for making me love Brennus. I love you soooo much!! <3 :))

Hahaha, remembering this still makes me smile. When I first found it, I couldn't stop squealing with delight. I loved it even though it's just an ebook (Shame on you, Local bookstores. For not having a copy!!) I couldn't stop reading it. It completely enchanted me...

MY PRECIOUS!!!!
*Sigh* I can't describe the absolute joy reading this book! I waited for a long time to read this. I didn't get disappointed  As usual Amy Bartol proved her writing skills true. :) This will be the 3rd book in the Premonition series and apparently this is my favorite. Yet. For those who haven't read the first two books, I suggest that you start reading it 'cuz one, this might be a spoiler and two, YOU are missing out a great book.

A little recap shows that Evie a half-human half-seraphim angel who is bound to her Power angel, Reed(super hot and dangerous) and undead faerie(Gancanagh) Brennus (also super hot, more dangerous). Just by reading the terms "angel" and "undead faerie" clearly states who's good and bad.

Reed can be any girls dream. He's caring, protective and loving... although he's not perfect (gosh, he's very arrogant and a bit big arse sometimes), but sometimes having a person love you both in your worst and best is worth his/her shortcomings. Reed fit perfectly in that role. It's against his nature to allow others to protect him, but he let Evie, 'cuz he loves her. Reed feels emotions and care because of Evie. Reed is a better person when he's with Evie... You get the point they're perfect for each other.

But even if I really REALLY love Reed. I seem to love Brennus more... Maybe because of his hidden softness and really funny humor. I saw many good things about Brennus in this book, and not just Brennus but all of the Gancanagh. They were a team, they work, protect, and kill for each other. They're evil, brutal and well creepy nonetheless, but Amy Bartol did a pretty good job showing all of their softer sides. Especially Brennus, he's still creepy and maybe a bit of a pervert, but he really touched my heart by trying to make Evie fall in love with him.

I know, many people might think; "Why him? He's evil?!". But I say differently, sometimes you crave for the thrill, surprises and sometimes a little bit of danger (watching Vampire Diaries, really did paid off =] ), you can't help but feel tingles and butterflies in your stomach whenever he does something unexpectedly sweet, and most importantly, you can't help but feel special because of the fact that he will do ANYTHING to make you like or even love him. Brennus was like that, he's still evil but with his charm and hidden soft side, you can't help but fall for him. <3

And Evie? Oh, she's fine, still pretty, still have boys fighting over her.

Nice eye roll Potter!
Kidding! :)
Anyways, it was fun and very entertaining that's why I'm giving it a 4.5 score, although I wanted to give it a 4.75 score. Even if my eyes grew sore reading, it was all worth it. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!