July 15, 2012

Book Review: Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
4 stars
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.

"I own it and I loved it! It was a blast"

I had to admit, I didn't find it wonderful at first because it felt so short. I wanted more of them and I didn't know then that it was going to have a sequel. >.< I just found out three months ago, and so I'm writing my new blog about it. :)

Cover Opinion: It is awesome!!! The girl kind of reminded me of Angelina Jolie, with the full lips and long hair, and the cover was really cool up close because the text of the title was shiny. In my opinion, I like this cover better than the new one.

My Review: It was so fun reading the book because it had a different flair to it. It wasn't about soulmates and meant to be hero and heroine, it is how love should be formed, Aria is a very pretty lady, but Perry didn't even consider that as her asset, it was only a plus thing for him, he loved her because of her personality, morals, and for what she truly is. Perry!! <3
I didn't really consider this as fantasy novel, I'm not really sure what genre it is, because it's a mixture of contemporary and fantasy. Whatever genre it is, IT IS AWESOME!!
The fact that Aria kept pursuing to find her mother made it much more than just a lovestory novel, it had substance and passion written into it. It didn't revolve on just Aria and Perry's love story, it revolved in both of their lives, their families, and their worlds.

They weren't from the same world, Perry is kinda like a tribe man, with his brother as a chief.(there's an actual name for the chief), he knows how to hunt and has these extra senses and abilities. While Aria came from a more civilized world, where everything she needed was easily provided, they were always arguing, and I actually find that amusing ^.^

Epic smug face!!

Hahaha, It's actually fun to read couples who in LQ mode. It was much more realistic, and I view this in a pessimistic value. 'Cuz I don't like novels that only show the good parts in the relationship. DUH!

The twist in the story was epic, my mouth hung open just by the shock, it was really unexpected and surprising. I couldn't believe it actually. I can't tell what happen, I don't wanna be a spoiler anyway :)

I was preeeettty bummed out when I finished the book, my first thought was: "That's it?, No, It can't be."
It was a dissapointment back then when I didn't know it had a sequel but...

TADA DA DA!!!


Gosh, the guy in the cover's sooo hot!! XD

Anyways the second book will be out by 2013 and I can't wait for it to be out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love reading your opinions, whether its the same or different from mine. I will reply to all kinds of comments and I hope to have the chance to talk to you guys!